Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Carey and Sandler might be declining in financial success, but are assuming artistic success, I feel. Carrey was excellent in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but hasn't really done much of interest since. And Sandler was fucking fantastic in Punch Drunk Love. What a great film... PT Anderson is a genius. I love his sense of humor, it's so awkward and dark.

Barry: "I wanted to ask you something because you're a doctor... I don't like myself sometimes. Can you help me?"
Walter: "Barry... I'm a dentist..."

But what has thou Sandler done since PUNCH DRUNK LOVE? Maybe if he teams up with QT on that WW2 movie, it would be cool...but it'll be more CLICKS and that gay marriage comedy he's doing.

As for Carrey, yes he rocked in ETERNAL SUNSHINE, but meanwhile FUN WITH DICK & JANE was a dud(and the fact that it wasn't funny doesn't help matters), LEMONY SNICKET was a disapointment for Paramount, and NUMBER 23 pulled a 69 in theatres.

Plus, Carrey had several major projects that got cancelled because of his behavior, like USED GUYS, where he was to play a male prostitute with Ben Stiller. That sucker would have made money. Instead, Stiller is making money on his own work.