Originally Posted By: olivant
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
What Imus said is WRONG. It's that simple. He degraded both blacks AND women, and he should be punished. And his "apology" seemed rather insincere to me. How is his apology and suspension pandering to a PC world? He has made racist remarks for years, or permitted them on his show. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Ah, gee. Degraded? Poor things. How about a stuffed animal? Would that make you feel better? Does someone need to kiss your boo-boos? "He's a mean man, mommy."

On the contrary, the women, who were the subject of Imus' vulgar sketch, have exhibited more class and maturity than Imus ever has. They represented their university and advanced against the odds to reach a championship game, after which a jerk with an audience demeans them by calling them "nappy headed hos."
Just as Imus enjoys freedom of speech, so to those offended are free to express their outrage. I haven't followed the aftermath of this story closely, but I don't believe any of them stooped to his level.