Well, they split the series. Abreu hit a home run, which is a plus, but then looked lost in the second game.

---

My biggest problem? The Yankees have ZERO patience at the plate, something they seem to have begun only this year. They habitually swung on the first or second pitch against Contreras, even though we all know he has control issues. Is Kevin Long (or Papa Joe) actually watching these games? What the fuck?

---

Wang, as always, solid. A solid Wang. You can't ask for much more out of life.

---

Well, it's nearly over for Steve Swindal. The Yankees are doing what they should have done with Kevin Brown and Carl Pavano - they are buying out his contract.

He's out, Tom.

---

Minor league pitching master Nardi Contreras has apparently overhauled Kei Igawa's delivery into something more consistent and balanced. We'll have to see if he'll be able to return to Major League level, or be a $49 million bust.

---

Torre still favors Chase Wright, a AA pitcher, over Tyler Clippard, our AAA stud. Why, I have no idea.

---

It sounds like the Yankees will pitch Wang on Sunday against the Mets on three days rest, especially with hissy-fit Pussina and his moodiness.

I'd rather have Wang on three days rest than Pussina on full rest anytime.

---

Has Melky finally turned the corner? He had an amazing rob in Game Two, and looked better at the plate. Maybe he finally can pull himself out of the black hole that is the end of our batting order...