Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Huh?

He MIGHT get voided because he admitted he fucked up after the rest of the country already knew that he juiced up? Bullshit.

I think the Yanks are pre-planning a future cost-cutting move. Thats all.

No doubt. This isn't the first time the Yankees visited this issue. They grossly overpaid for Giambi, who is a liability in the field, and has been putting up offensive numbers that compare to players, who earn pennies on the Giambi dollar. I doubt the Yankees will try to revoke the contract because they know the cat fight they'd get from the Players" Association.

If I were arguing for Giambi, I would assert that the Yankees are estopped from revoking the contract on the grounds of Giambi's admissions regarding performance enhancing drugs because the contract originally tendered Giambi contained express language about terminating the contract for steroids, and Giambi's people had asked the Yankees to remove the language. Accordingly, this collateral evidence serves to show that the Yankees knew, or had reason to know, that Giambi was involved with performance enhancing drugs. This also should preclude them from relying on a general contractual term to take an action, which could have been addressed by a specific clause, but was deliberately omitted, in order to sign Giambi.

Yes, the Yankees knew Giambi was taking something, but they couldn't care less...as long as he put up numbers. Hell, the Yankees never batted an eye about the persistent drug use of Dwight Gooden, Steve Howe, and Darryl Strawberry, all of whom were known junkies before they ever put on pinstripes.