Originally posted by klydon1:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
To be fair to FFC: Michael may already have known that Questadt belonged to Roth--he didn't seem to be thunderstruck when he heard it. /QB]
This little, but important, scene is becoming more and more interesting to me. I'm seeing it in a completely new light.
When Michael asked Fredo if there was anything else to know, and Fredo replies with the information about Roth and the senator, I had always thought that Michael's glare of disgust was the result of learning the information, but it appears that his reaction was the result of his anger over Fredo being involved to such an extent that he would know this. Also, it had to be especially hurtful, finding out Fredo knew this, but didn't share it until he was on the hot seat.
Excellent point about Michael's reaction, especially in light of what happened just before. Michael asks Tom what does Fredo know, and Tom says he doesnt know anything, then Michael says he wants to see Fredo himself, and learns that he knows something after all. He could be mad at Fredo and disappointed with Tom (again).

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."