Originally Posted By: Anthony Lombardi
i have a question for all of you:

if you could obtain one quality, one desire, one object - whether to better yourself or not - what would it be? it could be a material possession (a new car), a cerebral gain (a better understanding of math or science), a career accomplishment (a job promotion or better grades in school), an emotional goal (you wish you were less sensitive or had better control of your emotions), a physical achievement (better health or lose weight), a financial gain (pay off all your debts or a million dollars) - anything that you want.

i would unquestionably choose to have a gift for being effortlessly witty, or at least to be alot more effortlessly witty than i am. all of my favorite figures - whether it be a musician, a filmmaker, a historical figure, whatever - are known for their quick, irreverent wit: john lennon, oscar wilde, morrissey, woody allen, elvis costello, bob dylan. hell, my girlfriend is even incredibly witty; i am extremely attracted to wit in all forms, in people, in art, in anything. there's no possible gift as insurmountable, propitious or fruitful as the gift of words; as the old saying goes, "the pen is mightier than the sword." with a few strokes of your pen, or a spontaneously caustic remark, you can completely rewrite or change history, do irreparable damage to someone's reputation, career & life, or make a star out of yourself or someone else overnight.

what about everyone else? what would your one obtainment be?

I want to use the Force.