Originally Posted By: svsg
 Originally Posted By: Double-J
How does it justify searching a vast majority of muslims who are peaceful?

What the fuck are you talking about? If they want to get on an airplane, they should be more closely scrutinized. That's all. Nobody is going to their houses for an illegal search and seizure.

By searching I meant searching at airports. Even if all the terrorist who have been caught are muslims, it does not give you the complete picture. Number of terrorists found is a very small fraction of the number of muslims living/traveling in the country.
I'll give you an example. Assume that a particular fatal contagious disease is found 99% times in males and 1% times in females. But only 0.01% of all the male population has this disease. By just quoting the 99% figure you cannot justify screening the entire population of males alone, because as per your logic, males are 99 times more likely to have the disease than females. Since it is very rare disease (because of 0.01% number), it is a good idea to screen all the population. Plus it it contagious and fatal. OK this is the best I can do to logically explain my opinion.

And my opinion is this - if that particular disease showed a certain prevalence for appearing in certain kinds of people - i.e. Sickle-Cell Anemia, which is almost entirely exclusive to African-Americans. Would you screen everyone, just in case, during the normal course of health care? Sure. But it's the same reason why blacks are tested for this disease more often than whites - because they odds are they are more likely to have it.

Originally Posted By: Double-J

I doubt I'd remove any of those people from that list. But I'd scrutinize a few of them much closer than the rest, and for obvious reasons.

If you can't understand that, then I'm not sure what else I can do.

and
Until you answer me without resorting to bullshit like "osama fucking my daughter", I can't understand your view. So can you tell me which groups (out of the list I provided) will you "scrutinize more closer than the rest" if you do not want to remove anyone out of it. I am asking you to choose from the list for a specific reason. I don't think it will take you too long to say , for example, "items 1,5 and 7 from your list should be scrutinized less than the rest".

Why? I don't think your list has any point. You want to trap me in some kind of racist/xenophobic/psychobabble where if I pick something it will take on a whole new meaning. Nope.

Once and for all - security should be increased across the board. Those who are Muslims - those who are of Arab descent - and those from a country of origin to be a known rogue nation - should all be checkstops that require intense scrutiny.

As I said, the little white grandma could be packing C4. But I highly doubt she is. And if Al Qaeda can get little white grandma's to start packing, then we're all in serious trouble.

Luckily, however, they've only been able to brainwash young malcontents and one-legged, feeble-minded old men who lack the intellect or common sense to avoid being controlled and lead to the slaughter by a warped ideology.