I just think that the closer you were to NYC that day, the less likely you are to care about civil liberties. I was on the Whitestone Bridge, heading out to Brookyn when the 2nd tower was hit. I heard it live on the radio, then turned my head and saw the fireball. The bridges were then closed and I couldn't get home until that evening. I live in Throgs Neck, with a clear view of the city skyline. I watched the smoldering for weeks from my rooftop. I have family in the funeral service business and saw many of the funerals first hand. Families burying a hand, a foot, in some cases a skin graft. In many cases, nothing at all. No closure. It's just much easier to scream about civil liberties when you're posting from a small town in middle America. I'm Italian and proud. If Italians were profiled as a result of something like this, as long as our children are safe, I could care less. And I mean that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.