Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE GREAT ESCAPE
(First Viewing)

The Nazis, exasperated at the number of escapes from their prison camps by a relatively small number of Allied prisoners, relocates them to a high-security "escape-proof" camp to sit out the remainder of the war. Undaunted, the prisoners plan one of the most ambitious escape attempts of World War II. Based on a true story.

My first McQueen film and while I wasn't overly impressed with him as an actor, the film was terrific! A fantastic cast with a blend of comedy and action for 3 hours. What I really loved most about this film was every shot seemed to be executed so precisely, nothing was left to chance. The characters were also beautifully shot in the center of the frame. I was really reminded of Kuroawa's style while watching this.

The next time I'm in Blockbuster I'm going to check out BATTLE AT THE BULGE and THE DIRTY DOZEN (none of which I've seen). I've seen PATTON but remember hating it. I've also seen THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI and loved it. BTW, what happened to the 2-disc THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI Collector's Edition DVD that was suppose to come out last month Can anyone recommend any other classic war movies along these lines?

Serious Movies
From Here To Eternity (original)
Seargent York
Destination Tokyo
The Sand Pebbles

Comedic
Mr. Roberts (comedic yet serious, one of my all time favorites))
Stalag 17
Kelly's Heroes

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.