Originally Posted By: klydon1
I actually have no problem with the Clemens suspension. Everyone had a feeling that A-Rod bought his HBP after the bush league yelling, "Mine" a few months ago.

When the benches emptied, nobody was really interested in fighting, except possibly those who got the fines. But this was an incident of baseball policing itself. Jeter was smiling on the field as were other Yankees and Blue Jays, who understood why this had to happen and that the matter was over.

I understood why Clemens did what he did, and don't necessarily fault him. But the matter had been settled and it happened after a warning, so the consequences are appropriate.

I have no problem with Clemens being suspended.

But baseball is fucked up when two games in a row, a player (of A-Rod's caliber no less) is thrown at in a dangerous location (not his back, say, but his knee) and the umpires are as inept (purposefully?) as ever. Why is only one side *truly* penalized, and the other side (who instigated) gets a slap on the wrist?

Then again, as I said before, maybe having to have Josh Towers in your rotation is punishment enough for the Blue Jays.