GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 544 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,885
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,556
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,548
Posts1,062,910
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 270 of 319 1 2 268 269 270 271 272 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444271
10/18/07 03:09 AM
10/18/07 03:09 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444288
10/18/07 06:41 AM
10/18/07 06:41 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE KILLER
(Third Viewing)

In this bloody tale of loyalty and friendship, Chow Yun-Fat is Jeffrey, an assassin who wishes to leave the business so he can take care of Jenny, the beautiful lounge singer who he inadvertently blinded during a previous assignment. Danny Lee is the determined cop who will stop at nothing to bring him in, only he realizes that Jeffrey is no ordinary assassin, and wishes to help him in his quest. Only problem is that Jeffrey's employers refuse to pay him for his last job, money which is needed to restore Jenny's eyesight.

I believe the most bullet ridden film by John Woo. The final shootout was very good but not the same greatness that was experienced while watching A BETTER TOMORROW II. Chow Yun-Fat was awesome as the sly and always claim killer, Jeffrey.

You done masturbating to Woo yet?

Plan to whack off to SHOOT'EM UP, after the rest of us have had our shakes.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444290
10/18/07 06:46 AM
10/18/07 06:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I agree with everything you said except this:

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
his films in general are just recycled garbage which other people did a lot better before him.

I personally can't think of a better action director than Woo. As I said, in my opinion, he did for gun films what Kurosawa did for samurai films. My second favorite action director is Michael Bay and surely you don't think Bay is better than Woo?

You know, I would have lost total respect for you after saying that Bay is your 2nd favorite action director.

Then I realized....I didn't have any fucking respect for you anyway.

No love for John McTiernan, the fucker behind DIE HARD, DIE HARD WITH A VENGENCE, the only good Tom Clancy movie in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, or the classic PREDATOR, or even the decent THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR.

Besides, look at 2006 and 2007 alone. Losers like Bay and has-beens like Woo have been made irrelevant.

Look at last year's CRANK, which was a better Michael Bay movie than Michael Bay could ever muster...and for $140+ million less.

Plus, it was actually a good movie that rocked.

Then this year with SMOKIN' ACES from Joe Carnahan, or weeks ago with the incredibly insane yet awesome SHOOT' EM UP.

[ DELETED ]

Last edited by J Geoff; 10/18/07 12:21 PM. Reason: RRA's hard-on for I12 has given him a 3-Day holiday
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #444291
10/18/07 06:50 AM
10/18/07 06:50 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
The only people who consider Michael Bay a good action director are fucking losers who were conceived when their mothers were raped by retards.

What does that say about the mothers of those who have nothing better to do than to post childish comments about the likes/dislikes of other people?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: SC] #444292
10/18/07 07:06 AM
10/18/07 07:06 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
My second favorite action director is Michael Bay and surely you don't think Bay is better than Woo?
I can't say anything about Bay, really; I've only seen Armageddon.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 10/18/07 07:07 AM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #444374
10/18/07 11:58 AM
10/18/07 11:58 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
My second favorite action director is Michael Bay and surely you don't think Bay is better than Woo?
I can't say anything about Bay, really; I've only seen Armageddon.

BAD BOYS and BAD BOYS II were good and THE ISLAND sucked. If you're going to view another Bay film, make it either THE ROCK or TRANSFORMERS. Did you enjoy ARMAGEDDON or no?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444402
10/18/07 12:49 PM
10/18/07 12:49 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
It might be the worst film I've ever seen. \:\)

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #444416
10/18/07 01:49 PM
10/18/07 01:49 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
It might be the worst film I've ever seen. \:\)

It's pretty close. As far as Bay movies are concerned, BAD BOYS II is the worst, IMO. Bad acting. Bad plot. Bad everything.

I think the worst film I've ever seen is THE BOONDOCK SAINTS. Thank God I didn't pay for the DVD.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: XDCX] #444447
10/18/07 03:19 PM
10/18/07 03:19 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
My review of The Rock

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: XDCX] #444451
10/18/07 03:31 PM
10/18/07 03:31 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: XDCX
I think the worst film I've ever seen is THE BOONDOCK SAINTS. Thank God I didn't pay for the DVD.

What??!!! \:o The film ranked 7.8/10 on IMDb????

As a proud owner of the DVD, I obviously think it's terrif'. \:p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #444453
10/18/07 03:37 PM
10/18/07 03:37 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff
\:o The film ranked 7.8/10 on IMDb????

IMDB rating is all crap. Nowadays, all new movies routinely get 7-8 rating and easily reach top 250 too.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #444454
10/18/07 03:44 PM
10/18/07 03:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
HARD BOILED
(Third Viewing)

Mobsters are smuggling guns into Hong Kong. The police orchestrate a raid at a teahouse where the ace detective loses his partner. Meanwhile, the two main gun smugglers are having a war over territoriality, and a young new gun is enlisted to wipe out informants and overcome barriers to growth. The detective, acting from inside sources gets closer to the ring leaders, and eventually must work directly with the inside man.

After three viewings, I'm convinced this is John Woo's masterpiece (well, one of them anyway). In my opinion, this has more action than THE KILLER, probably more than any of his other films that I've seen. Also, Chow Yun-Fat is actually a cop this time around, playing the good guy. As such, he's not as exquisite as he was as Jeffrey the assassin in THE KILLER, but it's Chow Yun-Fat in a John Woo film. You know it's going to be good. After watching all of these again, I'd rank them:

1) HARD BOILED
2) A BETTER TOMORROW II
3) THE KILLER
4) A BETTER TOMORROW

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: XDCX] #444456
10/18/07 03:46 PM
10/18/07 03:46 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
It's pretty close. As far as Bay movies are concerned, BAD BOYS II is the worst, IMO. Bad acting. Bad plot. Bad everything.

For Bay, his only film that I don't own on DVD that I thought was garbage was THE ISLAND. Although I am due for another visit because I've only seen it once.

As Geoff said, \:o WHAT!? This is one of my top 25 movies of all-time. What may I ask didn't you like about it?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444486
10/18/07 04:47 PM
10/18/07 04:47 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
What??!!! \:o The film ranked 7.8/10 on IMDb????

Yes, the film with a 19% rating from RottenTomatoes.com and an overall rating of 44/100 from Metacritic.com \:p

As Geoff said, \:o WHAT!? This is one of my top 25 movies of all-time. What may I ask didn't you like about it?

A better (and easier to answer) question to ask is "What may I ask did you like about the film?" In short, nothing. Not even Willem Dafoe.

All style, no substance. The Onion sums up my feelings for the film better than I ever could. Some relevant quotes from the review:

Quote:
Less a proper action-thriller than a series of gratuitously violent setpieces strung together with only the sketchiest semblance of a plot, The Boondock Saints is clearly designed to appeal to heartless armchair sadists

Quote:
The Boondock Saints is all style and no substance, a film so gleeful in its endorsement of vigilante justice that it almost veers (or ascends) into self-parody.

It was just painful to watch.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: XDCX] #444491
10/18/07 05:03 PM
10/18/07 05:03 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Wow, I think you're the first person I can think of to say that, but we all have our opinions so it's no big deal

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444532
10/18/07 07:38 PM
10/18/07 07:38 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
MR. BROOKS 1/2
(Second Viewing)

The story follows a man with a murderous alter ego. Moore will play a tough detective whose devotion to her craft catches the attention and respect of the serial killer she is hunting, which leads to a symbiotic relationship.

This has got to be one of the two greatest roles I've ever seen Kevin Costner play (the other would be his portrayal of Jim Garrison in JFK). He worked so well with William Hurt in this film. They were both so sadistically humerous at times and the next moment, a stone cold killer. I don't think I ever saw him get angry in this movie. He was always claim, and even if he didn't have control of a situation, he accepted it and moved on. I really admired his performance and to an extent, his character in this film. Demi Moore was passable as a detective, however I was very happy to see Dane Cook (whom I have enjoyed since his WAITING days and even before), expand his range as a serious actor. Some here probably don't give a sh*t but at least the man is trying to not fall into the same pithole Adam Sandler and his career have gone. Finally, young Danielle Panabaker was very enjoyable as Costner's daughter, getting more grown-ups roles away from the YOURS, MINE AND OURS and SKY HIGHS of her career.

It didn't make a lot of noise at the boxoffice but rent this when it comes out on Tuesday. It is WELL worth it and is probably in my Top 5 for 2007 so far. A great original story with a great cast of characters!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444585
10/18/07 11:57 PM
10/18/07 11:57 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I actually watched Boondock Saints (probably my 5th time) a couple of weeks ago. I love that movie.

Weren't they supposed to make a sequel? What happened with that?

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #444586
10/19/07 12:01 AM
10/19/07 12:01 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Edited by J Geoff (Today at 09:21 AM)
Edit Reason: RRA's hard-on for I12 has given him a 3-Day holiday

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 10/19/07 12:04 AM.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #444613
10/19/07 01:38 AM
10/19/07 01:38 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I actually watched Boondock Saints (probably my 5th time) a couple of weeks ago. I love that movie.

Weren't they supposed to make a sequel? What happened with that?

They are (and may have made it already) but who knows if it'll ever see the light of day. I've heard about this movie for years but never a release date. The same thing goes for KILL SHOT

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444783
10/19/07 04:02 PM
10/19/07 04:02 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE COMEBACKS
(First Viewing)

Coach Fields (David Koechner) is pathetic. He has the distinction of being the worst coach in the history of sports anyone can recall. A loser of enormous proportions, the incompetent and seemingly hopeless coach is convinced by fellow coach Freddie Wiseman (Carl Weathers) to return to the field for one last shot. Assuring his long suffering wife (Melora Hardin) that he will not ignore his family, Coach moves them to Plainfolk, Texas where he hopes to redeem himself and his reputation. Here he begins yet another attempt to improve his abysmal record - this time as the coach of the football team at Heartland State University. But he is saddled with a team of misfits - most of whom don't know the difference between a line of scrimmage and a line at the cafeteria. Coach is in serious need of some real talent to beef up his line-up and finds his number one recruit on the university's baseball diamond. The ever-so-handsome Lance Truman (Matthew Lawrence) brings with him a distinguished award winning career - albeit for the most dropped balls - as well as determination. Coach convinces Truman to join the team as quarterback, and the young athlete comes on board despite the objection of his father (Nick Searcy). Wearing jersey #1 is Trotter (Jackie Long), the bling-wearing, girl magnet wide receiver who can actually catch and run with the ball, as long as his oversized ego does not get in the way. The biggest bruiser of the team is Buddy Boy (George Back), but he turns out to be more warm and cuddly than the mean sonofabitch that Coach longs for. The rest of the team includes the upbeat and handsome, Aseel Tare (Robert Ri'chard), who is always ready for action despite an uncanny tendency for injury; tattooed and angry Jorge Juanson (Jesse Garcia) who has a chip on his shoulder, and the delusion of being from the barrio; Jizminder (Noureen DeWulf), a beautiful, British-Indian soccer player, who takes on the role of kicker and is the only female player on the otherwise all male squad; and lastly, is the runt of the group, Randy (Martin Spanjers), who is always begging for a chance to play despite his miniscule stature, and lack of any discernable football skills...unless you count moxie. Serving as Coach's right hand man is IPod (Jermaine Williams), although he is often misunderstood, the good-hearted, music listening IPod keeps the team smiling. Although the team and townsfolk are leery of the newcomer's approach, the Coach uses his unorthodox methods to whip this group of rag-tags into shape - both on and off the field. While the audience follows their winding road to the playoffs, the film pokes fun at the clichés and conventions of other sports flicks. And the team does make progress, so much so that they actually make it to the South-Southwest Conference Championship at the 2nd Annual Toilet Bowl. Facing their fiercest opponents yet and yearning to win the big game, The Comebacks face off with the Lone Star State Unbeatables. And as every great sports team has always done, The Comebacks use ingenuity and unorthodox measures in the final showdown where the best team wins.

Following the same formula for DATE MOVIE and EPIC MOVIE, this film falls flat on its face. Pulling material from other films to spoof but the jokes aren't funny. In fact at times you're wondering what exactly they're trying to make fun of. I believe 8 other people were in the theater with me and nobody hardly laughed throughout the duration of the film. It was nice to see Carl Weathers again, but unfortunately it had to be in this disaster. Stay away from this flick unless you enjoyed DATE and/or EPIC MOVIE.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444826
10/19/07 07:22 PM
10/19/07 07:22 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
HOSTEL: PART II
(Second Viewing)

3 beautiful college students are tricked into entering a hostel where the 'hosts' like to torture, rape and murder. Following a geographical tour of Slovakia, three women are lured into a hostel by a handsome young man who sells them to the twisted masters, who tie them up and bring upon an unthinkable world of pain.

A great sequel to follow up the original. A more in depth storyline that I thought was fascinating, since it focused more on how this business operates as opposed to focusing on another 3 American tourists who get captured, tortured, killed, etc. There was still some gore but probably not as much as the original. If you enjoyed HOSTEL, then I would endorse viewing HOSTEL: PART II on Tuesday.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444844
10/19/07 11:19 PM
10/19/07 11:19 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
URBAN LEGEND
(Nth Viewing)

After a bravura opening sequence featuring Natasha Gregson Wagner getting slaughtered by the killer with an axe hiding in the backseat of her car, Urban Legend tells the story of a group of pretty college students at a remote New England university. The focus of the story is Natalie (Alicia Witt), a beautiful, academically-gifted student at the fictional Pendleton University. Natalie and her friends (who include Jared Leto as a brash journalist, Rebecca Gayheart as her best friend, Michael Rosenbaum as the party-hardy boy, Joshua Jackson as a practical joker and Tara Reid as the sexy campus DJ) are all involved in the Folklore class being taught by Professor Wexler (Robert Englund). Wexler regales his class with urban legends, which include Pendleton's own urban legend about a Psych professor who murdered six students at Stanley Hall 25 years ago. Natalie is the first one to suspect there's a killer on campus, especially after she has ties to all of the victims. First, it's her high school friend, a guy she's in the woods with at night, her roommate (Danielle Harris)... No one, including her friends, Wexler, Dean Adams (John Neville) and security guard (Loretta Devine), of course, believes her until it's too late and everyone begins to die according to famous urban legends, and Natalie believes it's all tied to a dark and horrible secret from her past. Now she finds that she and her friends are part of the killer's ultimate urban legend--the story of their own horrific deaths.

A good horror film that I'm surprised wasn't made earlier. I really enjoyed the concept of having urban legends come to life and kill people in reality. Featuring a very enjoyable cast: Jared Leto, Alicia Witt, Rebecca Gayheart, Tara Reid, Danielle Harris, and Joshua Jackson.

Warning, Spoiler:
I also will give this movie props for having a female serial killer, which I don't usually see. I think the only other film I can think of with a lead female killer in a horror film is FRIDAY THE 13TH.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444856
10/20/07 01:26 AM
10/20/07 01:26 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
URBAN LEGENDS: FINAL CUT 1/2
(Second Viewing)

Urban Legends: The Final Cut follows Amy Mayfield (Morrison), a student at Alpine University who struggles to complete her thesis film on urban legends - only to have her crew members fall prey to fatal 'accidents.' Suspicious, Amy investigates and discovers a much more sinister hand at work. Now she must unmask the killer before she, too, becomes an urban legend.

What worked for the first film didn't for the sequel for one simple reason. The original was based on urban legends. Characters would die by way of an urban legend. I think one character in the sequel died by way of an urban legend. They easily could have expanded on the original, but didn't, and as a result, the film wasn't as enjoyable. However, the Rebecca Gayheart cameo was nice! Also, this was the first film I ever set eyes on Eva Mendes

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444948
10/20/07 07:56 PM
10/20/07 07:56 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
URBAN LEGENDS: BLOODY MARY 1/2
(First Viewing)

Samantha Owens (Mara) is the editor of the high school newspaper and was blacklisted with her two friends, Gina (Haley McCormick) and Mindy (Olesya Rulin), by the football players after an article about them, so they do not go to a high school party. Samantha tells to the other girls an urban legend told by her mother: in 1969, in Salt Lake City, the two girlfriends of Mary Banner (Lilith Fields) are drugged by their dates in a prom, but she understands the situation and runs from her date, who kills her and hide her body in a trunk in the basement of the school. Like the Candyman, Samantha speaks "Bloody Mary" three times, evoking the evil spirit of Mary. Along the night, the three girls are drugged and kidnapped in a prank of the players, but Samantha has visions and premonitions about Mary. When her school mates are killed, Mary visits Grace Taylor (Tina Lifford), one of the girls abused in 1969, and finds that the victims are the descendants of the trio that killed Mary and harmed her friends, and that Mary spirit is seeking for revenge.

Glad to see the final installment in this series go back to the original and actually have the characters die by way of an urban legen (hence the title of the film). However, the body count was a little low (I think only 5 or 6 kids died). Also, I didn't like the idea of a ghost killing the main characters. I think it's more realistic and scarier if a human being is doing the slaying. However, this is the first and only Kate Mara movie I'm aware of where she's the lead. I'm glad her career has improved since this film.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444949
10/20/07 07:57 PM
10/20/07 07:57 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

If you don't mind me asking irish,

out of the hundreds of dvds that you own,how many do you think are not worth watching again and why do you buy every film out on the market

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: DE NIRO] #444955
10/20/07 08:11 PM
10/20/07 08:11 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I think every DVD I buy is worth watching again, otherwise I wouldn't buy it. Secondly, I don't buy every DVD on the market (I wish I could but I don't). Finally, most of the movie reviews in this thread isn't from my own personal DVDs that I own. They're eithered borrowed from friends or rented from Blockbuster ;\)

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444962
10/20/07 09:29 PM
10/20/07 09:29 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I just watched "Final Destination" for probably the 3rd time or so. I get a kick out of that movie. \:D Final Destination 2 is on right now but don't know if'll I'll be able to watch it all.

Ha ha, this kid wins the $250,000 lottery and is having all kinds of good luck, all the chics are calling him at home as he's making dinner; his new expensive ring falls in the garbage disposal; as he reaches for it his hand is stuck; as the micro wave explodes along with the stove burning up; He free's his hand and goes to exit the windows which suddenly slam shut. He makes it out down the fire escape as he hits the ground says, "man I'm lucky" as the fire escape ladder quickly slides down on top of him. Talk about a lousy day.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/20/07 09:40 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #444963
10/20/07 10:06 PM
10/20/07 10:06 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Yeah, I enjoyed the FINAL DESTINATION trilogy. Did you see the third one TIS?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #444966
10/20/07 10:54 PM
10/20/07 10:54 PM
California

California
I12,

I don't remember, but I think so. \:p Give me a brief summary. I also didn't mind Jeepers Creepers.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #444968
10/20/07 11:14 PM
10/20/07 11:14 PM
California

California
I purchased some items for Christmas gifts on Amazon a couple weeks ago and couldn't resist buying a movie I've always wanted, "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad."

I am not a big movie collector. Compared to I12 and some other movie collectors here, there are really only a small number of movies I'd like to own. This movie not only brings back fond memories of my childhood. They use to show it at a local theater that showed older re-run movies all the time. Oh, how I begged my sister to go see it with me (about 10 different times) . She still teases me about it.

I don't think it's ever on regular tv and only recently saw it on HBO. Anyway, along with the fond memories, I like the make believe land of princesses, genies, wizards, mechanical monsters and of course the handsome hero(Kerwin Mattews). Just a fun movie for me.

I also purchased, in the same line, Jack The Giant Killer. \:\)

TIS

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad

Page 270 of 319 1 2 268 269 270 271 272 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull