DC - I remember Bernie's quite well! Ate there many times way back when.

Also, Del Rio. That one's still there. Signora V. ate there a lot years ago when she had a friend who was a waitress there.

PB - I know that the Air Line diner near La Guardia Airport in Queens was also used in Goodfellas. Signora V. and I ate there several times, before it was bought by the Jackson Hole Wyoming chain and had their sign altered. I know I have a photo she took of the outside of the diner, and I'll post it when I can scan it in.

Just recently, yet another old classic diner in Manhattan bit the dust. The Munson diner closed to make way for luxury condos (what else?). The entire structure was loaded onto a flatbed truck and transported out to the mid-west somewhere (I forget exactly where.). Years ago, my wife shot a bunch of slides of the Munson. I'll have to look for them - I have a pretty good idea where they might be.

And don't forget to watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on The Food Network. (There should be an episode rerunning later tonight.)

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."