I personally welcomed the change in Langella's Dracula. In his portrayal of the count as a suave and good looking, seductive type of gentleman.

Regardless of if you liked that version of the count or not, overall you have to admit that the movie itself was done in such superb, gothic fashion. The asylum scenes were dark and dreary, as were the crypt scenes when Van Helsing is looking for his daughter's body...a pretty frightening and goulish scene.

And you have to admit that the scene where Langella initially seduces and makes love to Kate Nelligan is one that was quite good and done in a fashion that you've never seen in any previous Dracula /Vampire movie made.

I find it a bit amusing that you do NOT enjoy the Langella version of the Count because of the "pretty boy" portrayal, and yet you enjoyed Firght Night, who's vampire looked as though he just stepped out of a modeling agency!

I happen to like Fright Night and also don't understand why it seems to be the forgotten movie whenever Vampire movies are mentioned.

You do know what Pacino movie the vampire in Fright Night played in, right? :

"I couldn't explain why I did the things I did. So I went to this psychiatrist who explained to me I was a woman in a man's body. So Sonny right away wanted to get me money for a sex change operation: but where was he to get that? 2500 dollars! My God, he's in hock up to his ears already."

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.