This is one of those emotional/illogical argument issues. I am sensitive to environmental and conservation issues, but I support the organized, controlled sport hunting that occurs with animals such as deer, bear and turkey.

With the hunting issue, it is hard to separate it from the many issues of man's management of the earth; logging, road-building, water, fertilizers, home-building, mining, etc. We harm the environment and the eco-systems in so many ways. To single out sport hunting as offensive, well I think that big, gas guzzling Lincoln Navigator is more offensive than deer hunting. Now if you are a vegetarian and opposed to killing animals I can sympathize with you and respect your argument, but you better not be wearing leather shoes.

What we tend to find are hypocritical arguments; like, "I only buy American goods," like the American car with parts made in Mexico. How can you hunt those beautiful animals? Excuse me, is this mink coat on sale?

If you want to hunt deer and you do it within the laws, then have a safe, fun time. But too often the argument against hunting is an emotional response (they are so cute!). I happen to think cows and pigs are cute, but I don't hear anyone getting too upset when they are led to slaughter. I'll have the filet mignon, please.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12