Originally Posted By: Mignon
Why do you think the good Lord put chickens, cows, deers, pigs etc on the earth for? For the benifet of man.

Not a chance. Mammals, amphibians, reptiles, and all else in between are nothing. You have to look at the earth as a living thing as a whole, which it is. Assuming there is a higher being, any oxygen emitting life-form exists primarily to prolong the exchange of carbon dioxide for oxygen, hence keeping the earth alive. Animals, particularly humans, have just developed the ego and the id, and because of that we've created this whole "survival of the fittest" thing.

But even after that's all taken into account, this is the year 2007. As humans, we no longer need to rely on a carnivorous food chain to acquire the nutrients our bodies need to maintain themselves. We have developed a civilized society with many medical and technological advances, unlike other animals. Because of this, we are able to cultivate our own fruit and vegetables, produce our own bread, baked goods, and other carbohydrates, and we are able to offer protein, B-12, and other nutrients associated with meat and seafood in pill-form.

The argument you bring forth is merely just another excuse people use to deal with vegetarians. People eat meat because that's what they please to do. And I'm not one to tell people how to go about their diet. I'm not. I'll do my own thing while others do theirs, and I think PETA is a load of shit. But, I'm also not one to put up with bullshit excuses made to bargain with people belonging to opposing ideologies.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."