Originally posted by Pherdy:
asuming the theatrical version is the one we see on the DVD, I voted for that

I wish I could research the effect of someone new to the series seeing them in reverse order:

[b]GF III > GF II > GF

I think it will add another dimension, a new perspective to the whole trilogy and turns it more into an interesting mystery-drama instead of a factual gangster-drama, as you would find out later on the who's and why's. also, in that order, you get to see the "lesser one" first, AND the whole thing ends with Michael on it's top being handkissed Don Corleone. [/b]
Pherdy:
That could be a whole new poll grin

Off the top of my head, I would think a person could see GFII first without too much problem, since it has both Vito and Michael as main characters. If someone saw GFII without first seeing GFI, while they would miss some of the more informative storys, such as the passing of power, they could still follow the story line. Of course once they see GFI, the story would be complete.

It would be interesting to hear someones comments about GFIII that didnt see the previous two. Most of the criticism of GFIII, is basically due to the fact, that it had "a hard act to follow" blush

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.