Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
The first time I watched it was in chronological order with deleted scenes. And then when I bought them on video I was disappointed to find that Part II was not in chronological order (I had assumed that Part I had De Niro in it). But now I prefer to watch them separately, (I haven't seen it chronoligcally since the first viewing) as I feel that the Cuban sequences lose their interest without the anticipation of wanting to go back to the Young Vito scenes.

Oh, and Pherdy, you know I love you idea of a Memento style viewing of the Godfather! Do you mean the films themselves, or watching them backwards scene by scene too? That would be even better! grin

Mick
Memento Style? I assume thats a term applied to films that more or less start at the end and work backwards? Seinfeld did an episode like that, the one where I think he went to India for a wedding. It was somewhat interesting, but really made you pay attention to what was going on. I dont think that style would work too well with the GF films, since character developing is so important to the success of the film. The going back and forth in GFII was a stroke of genius. The switches between young Vito and Michael as the don, was just about perfect.

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.