Originally Posted By: SC
An old fashioned breakfast took me two minutes to make... a cheese omelette with some bacon and toast.

I bought the liquid eggs (Egg Beaters brand) and pre-cooked bacon (Boars Head brand) ... surprisingly not bad at all. It took me longer to eat the meal than to cook it.

I'm officially an instant gratifacation freak now.

Since my kids both married and left, I must admit I too am all for "quick & easy" meals. I always use to make a nice dinners when they were growing up and still at home (of course when they became teenagers driving, they didn't eat at home many times). Not so much now. tongue

I recently discovered the Marie Collenders (?)frozen pot pies. Yep, pot pies. I love the crust and there is more than 2/3 pieces of meat in them. tongue Last week I cooked a frozen beef stew dinner, which wasn't bad, and I always have a few hot pockets in my freezer. smile

All that being said though, I STILL need a day or two a week for a home cooked meal which for instance today is Italiam breaded steak, mashed potatoes, salad. When I cook something like that (0r posta), I'll make enough for at least two days. I don't really want to get where I NEVER cook, because I do like cooking, but damn, I love the "easiness" of throwing something in the microwave after a long day and drive home from work.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon