Well Joba's gonna make his first start on Tuesday:

Joba's first start to come Tuesday

MINNEAPOLIS -- Joba Chamberlain is set to join the Yankees' rotation on Tuesday, starting against the Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium and completing his transition from the club's bullpen.

Yankees manager Joe Girardi officially announced the move on Friday prior to the team's game against the Twins in Minnesota. Chamberlain will be permitted to throw 65 to 70 pitches in the outing, his first professional start since he was converted into a dominant setup reliever and promoted to the Major Leagues last season.

"I'm excited just for the opportunity to continue to help the team win ballgames," Chamberlain said. "It's been fun continuing to extend and get lengthened out. I'm excited for the opportunity. It feels like it started about forever ago, but it came about real quick. I know I've got to continue to get better and keep getting stronger in my legs and keep throwing good bullpens."

Girardi said the Yankees set their rotation to allow Andy Pettitte to pitch on regular rest on Monday at Minnesota, setting Chamberlain up for Tuesday's start. Chamberlain is now considered a member of the five-man rotation and, in each outing, Chamberlain will add 10 to 15 pitches until he reaches the neighborhood of around 100 pitches.

"After a lot of consideration, we just thought Tuesday was best," Girardi said. "It's the way our rotation kind of shakes out."

Chamberlain is 1-2 with a 2.28 ERA in 20 relief appearances for the Yankees this season. In 23 2/3 innings, he has allowed 16 hits and six earned runs while walking 11 and striking out 30. In his last outing on Thursday, Chamberlain struck out three in 1 1/3 innings of relief at Baltimore, earning a hold in New York's 4-2 victory over the Orioles.

Source: Yankees