Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Damn, LLC. I just ordered mine.

Well, don't be discouraged. The patches did help for the most part. My advice would be, if you get any urges early on while you're wearing the patch DON'T GIVE IN. It'll start with "Well, I'll just smoke one today, and then resume wearing the patch tomorrow." Once you do that, you'll do it a few more times, then you'll do it every time you get a craving, and before you know it, you'll be back to your regular number of cigarettes per day. I probably would have been successful if I had more control.

Like I said, they did help a bit. When the patches came in the mail, I spent about an hour staring at them. I didn't want to put it on... I wanted so badly to go buy one last pack, smoke it, and then start off fresh the next morning by putting the first patch on. But, after some deliberation, I gave it and put it on. Within an hour, I didn't even want a cigarette anymore. Then, I experienced something I hadn't experienced in a while--being able to watch TV and not want to smoke a cigarette every time I saw someone light up.

There were only two triggers for irrational cravings... The first was smoking marijuana, as I like to enjoy a ritual cigarette after a joint/bowl/bong/whatever. But I don't see you having a problem with this.

The one you may have to think about is hanging around people you usually smoke with. Once I had relapsed for the first time, when ever I was around my friends, I would want a cigarette, even if they weren't smoking. That's probably the hardest thing.

So, yeah, they'll help you out, but there is still going to be the occasional craving here and there. Honestly, just fight them off. Like I said, if you give in just once, you're substantially hindering your ability to make the patch work. I'd say 50% of it is psychological, so just stay strong.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."