Originally Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss
Sorry everyone, got this from a book. S.C tells me to look in different Mafia books, I do. But to get my hands on EVERY Mafia book is a little silly, no?

Not as silly as picking out a selection from just once source that appeals to you because it seems sensational--and posting it here as if you're the font of knowledge.

Mini, if you're really interested in the Mob, you should know that books about gangsters are notoriously unreliable. Gangsters aren't the kind of people who leave their collected letters and papers to university libraries so that scholars can study them. Many gangsters couldn't read or write--or if they could, they'd never leave reliable written testimony to their crimes. So, the people who try to make money by writing about them will usually print the most sensationalistic stuff--knowing that no one will be able to refute them. And the sensationalistic stuff gets picked up by other writers, so that one fiction gets repeated indefinitely.

That's why, if you really want to learn about the Mob, you have to spend time researching multiple sources--books, periodicals, and especially dozens of websites. Sooner or later, you'll acquire a feeling for what may be true inside all the bulls**t.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.