my dear friends,
I'm sicilian and I live in a small town named "Fiumefreddo di Sicilia" in province of Catania

here there is the villa actually is castle "The castle of Slaves" in italian "Castello dagli Schiavi" where Mr. Francis Ford coppola shooted the main scenes here in sicily
a famous one one is on the first movie when the car blowed up or in the second when don vito pleyed by Robert De Niro come back in sicily to meet is Friend don Tommasino and revenge is family in the movie the castle is don Tommassino's residence on third one an other famous scene is when Michael died at the end of the movie.

The others two towns are savoca and Forza D'agro
in Savoca you'll see the bar "Bar Vitelli" where they celebrated michael and Appolonia's wedding and the church where they got married "Chiesa di Santa Lucia"
I went there in the bar they have still the picture from the movie

in Forza D'agrò it's famous the white cathedral that you see in all 3 movies
the prefered these 3 towns rather Corleone the town close to Palermo because they were so small so typical Corleone instead was to develloped even in the 70's.
I've made a dvd that I called "the Godfather The tour"
If somebody is interested to get it let me Know I'll send for free I Mean the dvd no the shipping