Originally Posted By: Ludovico
Ok, if we're gonna compare the two shows/movies then thats just a tad unfair.

1. Both are very unrealistic. You want me to beleive that a "mafia" family is deeply embeded in our National Structure on an international scope? Puh-leese! And the Soprano's... Tony NOT doing certain things because his pyschitrist (sp, god I need to learn how to spell) tells him not to? What a lie!

2. Comparing either is like me comparing the punisher to Superman, neither show/movie was made with an intent to compete with each other so I could just as easily make a movie about a mafia-family that makes it into space and whacks some astronaut for 100 Billion dollars then go "Haha, the [insert mafia name here] were more powerful than both combined! ROXORZ".

I think both have their heads up their [explative] but I'll at least give the soprano's the fact that they portray the mob's power in a more realistic fashion. So I'd have to go with the Sopranos. Even though I hate the show.

Speaking of which DON'T buy the first season, I watched all of the 1st season and realized the Sopranos was a HUGE waste of time.

Better Movie= Triad Election (traid election 2 in the origanal cantonese title).

You don't appear to know much about organized crime. You need to read several books about the relationships that the Mafia (and organized crime families generally) have with various governments around the world especially in Italy. In fact, you can read various posts on this Board that will inform you of some of organized crime's history that will enlighten you.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."