Originally Posted By: Ludovico

Thats exactly what I'm saying, I mean if it was organized differently doesn't it seem a tad likely that one could be a member regardless of ethnicity? If it's organized mroe like a corporation wouldn't techical "membership" be different than being a made guy? Ok fine I'll conede now until I'll actually read the book but I did remember reading an article that said it, why would I think othewrwise? *goes to his local library*

And yes gangs are usually based one ethnicity, espiclly in prison where it's their unifying factor. but theres pletny more examples of prominent street gangs that grew to let anyone in. i.e. LK, The Tiny Rascals, Vice Lords, Gangster Diciples (sp), etc.

Sure I wouldn't see a black in the aryan brotherhood but then again the entire theme of the AB is that whites are superior. Although they do work with La eme (which one of their founding members was a yugoslavian). But theres plenty of cases of multi-ethnic groups out there espiclly amongst street gangs.

I try to keep an open mind. So if you can find evidence of actual existing or historic Black members of the Chicago Outfit I'll certainly look at it. Thanks. smile

But this is the same Chicago Outfit that was closely associated with the bedroom mob town of Cicero, during the fifties and sixties a place so seething with anti-black feeling that MLK was warned not to march there and indeed didn't. Mobsters usually aren't on the more progressive end of the political scale.

All the books or documents I've ever seen indicate that Chicago Outfit members and associates were primarily if not exclusively Caucasian, mostly Italian and many held relatively negative views of Blacks.

They may have had Black employees or occasionally even business partners. But those people were not peers or members.

For example, Giancana and his group led a violent takeover of Black numbers rackets in the fifties. Those Black mobsters who survived didn't become Outfit members. They were just employees.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.