Originally Posted By: olivant
DC, neither of the candidates is President yet. Thus, neither has the necessary exposure to military commanders and the Joint Chiefs or the level of information on which to base an Iraq exit strategy.

confused

Now that may be true about Senator Obama, I don't know for sure, but it certainly is NOT true about Senator McCain!

McCain served as the Navy's liaison to the U.S. Senate which eventually led to his becoming a member of the Armed Services Committee. He also was a member of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs. It's documented that Senator John McCain has had enormous exposure to Military Commanders and members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Exposure and talks with high ranking military officials such as Joint Chiefs Of Staff Chairman Richard Meyers and military Generals such as David Petraeus.

Originally Posted By: olivant
Obama has stated that he anticipates withdrawal within 16 months. That's all he can realistically state.

Ok, fine. But why doesn't he tell the people on what basis he "realistically" anticipates a withdrawal within 16 months? What does he base that anticipation on?

Again, I am not singling out Senator Obama or Senator McCain. I am simply stating that BOTH candidates need to make themselves clear on how they plan on resolving many of the issues that our country has faced both domestically and internationally.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.