GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Butchie1788, 1 invisible), 381 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday VanillaLimeCoke.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,554
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,535
Posts1,062,650
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 121 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 120 121
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #513821
10/05/08 09:35 PM
10/05/08 09:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
TIS, I started to think about it, and got as far back as Ford/Carter before I became exhausted! lol

Edit: Well, as for the ex-brother-in-law, he sounds like an idiot, but I don't know if that's legal grounds to fire him. And it's certainly not legal grounds to fire his boss.

Last edited by Sicilian Babe; 10/05/08 09:38 PM.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #513824
10/05/08 09:40 PM
10/05/08 09:40 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Obama releases new ad in response to the upcoming McCain attack.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513829
10/05/08 09:52 PM
10/05/08 09:52 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I saw that ad earlie today. I think it's pretty effective. I love the the shot of the "twins" at the end. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #513866
10/05/08 10:37 PM
10/05/08 10:37 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Virginia GOP fears McCain could lose state

Virginia Republicans are warning that John McCain's prospects for winning a state that has been in the GOP column in every presidential election since 1964 could be in jeopardy. With Barack Obama treating the Old Dominion like a battleground state and reliable polls showing a margin-of-error race there, some are cautioning that McCain is making a critical mistake by allowing the Democratic nominee to outpace him in terms of visits and resources committed.

The two best indicators of which states the campaigns are serious about – time and money – tell the story.

Since wrapping up the Democratic nomination in June, Obama, his wife, Michelle, and his running mate Joe Biden have visited the commonwealth a combined 12 times. The candidate himself was in the Tidewater city of Newport News Saturday.

Obama is also plowing millions into Virginia, blanketing the airwaves with TV and radio ads, filling up mailboxes with leaflets and, along with the state party, operating 49 campaign offices.

Together, McCain and his running mate, Sarah Palin, have held just one campaign event in Virginia. And the campaign has taken its ads off the pricey Washington, D.C. network affiliates that reach into the entire swath of the Northern Virginia, the commonwealth’s most populous region.

“I think [McCain] needs to get here,” said Rep. Tom Davis, a longtime member of Congress who represents a Northern Virginia district. “I think they’ve got to pay more attention.”

Davis predicted McCain would ultimately take Virginia because he has appeal to the center-right independents that usually swing statewide races and because Obama is less moderate than such successful Democratic figures as former Gov. Mark Warner and Sen. James Webb.

“Obama is not a Virginia Democrat,” Davis said.

But the former National Republican Congressional Committee chair, who is retiring this year, said because of the party’s troubled brand and Obama’s effort to increase African-American turnout, the Virginia race now stands even.

“The economy hurts us across the board and Obama is really running hard and putting more resources here than McCain – he’s got the money.”

Asked if he thought McCain was taking the state seriously enough, Davis paused before saying: “I think they’re going to.”

“It’s very, very tight,” agreed former governor and Senator George Allen. “Obviously Democrats have spent a lot of time here.”

“We are a true battleground state,” Allen said twice.

Rep. Eric Cantor, a Richmond-area Republican and member of the House GOP leadership who won some veep chatter this summer, agreed that Virginia would be tight.

“I think it is very competitive,” Cantor said.

Asked if McCain needed to return, he was judicious: “It’s up to them to allocate his time. We’re going to do everything we can for him.”

But discussing the boost Sarah Palin had given to the party’s grassroots, Cantor offered a standing invitation without being asked: “Anytime they want to send Gov. Palin in, we’ll welcome her with open arms.”

Longtime Virginia operatives are more outspoken, grumbling that McCain is now having to play catch up.

“He didn't take threat seriously soon enough,” said one Richmond-based GOP strategist in the state, noting that McCain had the nomination wrapped up in early March but didn’t have staff or infrastructure in Virginia until July. “One public visit since securing the nomination and I can’t tell you one significant surrogate who has come.”

It’s puzzling because McCain’s campaign is based in Arlington, Va., and the senator lives there when he’s at his headquarters or across the river in his Senate office. Yet whenever he’s back in the area he never ventures beyond the office and condo-filled Crystal City neighborhood to more politically competitive communities nearby where he could get extensive local media coverage by just dropping by a diner.

“He, not she, needs to return to northern Virginia,” said a veteran GOP operative from the region about the GOP ticket. “That's where he needs to perform, and where he can. He can get a lot of Mark Warner voters, but he needs to show the ticket-splitting centrists in voter-rich Fairfax and Loudoun [counties] some love and understanding.”

McCain’s top aide for the mid-Atlantic region, Trey Walker, held a conference call for party leaders on Friday and was pressed as to why McCain and Palin hadn’t been back to Virginia since their joint visit to Fairfax City last month.

“One of the hardest things we have to do is getting more folks to take a national view,” Walker told Politico, when told about concerns that the campaign wasn’t devoting enough attention to Virginia.

“It’s real simple – we’re pushing Obama in Pennsylvania and they’re pushing us in Virginia. We are engaged in a game of electoral chicken right now and we’ll see who blinks first.”

When it comes to Virginia, McCain and the GOP appear to be blinking.

Walker would only tell Politico that the GOP ticket would be back in Virginia “soon,” but other Republican sources say an announcement about a return visit will come this week.

McCain is also opening 12 more offices in the commonwealth and bringing on more staff.

And the independent expenditure arm of the RNC--which can't coordinate with the McCain campaign but which closely tracks state polling--last week began to broadcast TV ads for the first time in Virginia.

The RNC's move to go up on the air there tracks a similar move in Indiana, another state that hasn't gone Democratic since Lyndon Johnson's 1964 landslide win, and reflects the challenge facing the party: they're having to invest money to broaden their defenses in states that have until recently been safely red.

Beyond the financial implications of that approach, the GOP ticket is confronting new demands on its time. The McCain campaign would prefer to have the Arizona senator and Alaska governor campaign together, but they are now being forced to protect more states so they may have to spend more time apart.

It's a akin to a campaign version of whack-a-mole, where finite time and money is being spread across the landscape to defend against sudden and unexpected Democratic surges on GOP turf.

"We'd be happy if they spent the next 30 days in Virginia," Allen said. "But it's a big country and there are a lot of battleground states."

In the Old Dominion, though, the renewed attention can't come soon enough for Republicans, who are already despondent about the state of their party.

Part of McCain’s challenge in the state is out of his hands. The Virginia GOP is at a low ebb, lacking an obvious statewide leader as they had in the 1990s with former Governors Allen and Jim Gilmore. The party has lost consecutive gubernatorial races in 2001 and 2005 followed by Allen’s Senate seat in 2006. The other Senate seat, held by retiring Sen. John Warner, is almost certain to be won next month by former Democratic Gov. Mark Warner over Gilmore.

“We don’t have anybody with the kind of cache who can tell [the McCain campaign] that we need them here,” lamented one prominent Virginia Republican who asked for anonymity to candidly discuss the presidential race.

The party’s problems were on all-too-familiar display in a Saturday conference call organized by the campaign. The plan was to have Sen. Warner, the former chairman of the Armed Services Committee, counter-program Obama’s visit to the shipbuilding city of Newport News.

But the news of the call came when Warner declined to endorse Gilmore’s Senate bid, suggested he might back Warner and reminded reporters of his previous independence.

“I’m watching that race, following the positions of the two candidates,” Warner said. “There have been occasions when I have supported Democratic candidates. … But I’m not there yet.”

The popular five-term senator refused to endorse conservative Republicans running for statewide office in 1993 and 1994, enabling Democrats to win both times.

Virginia Republicans are concerned that Mark Warner’s winning margin – he leads Gilmore by well over 20 percentage points in every survey – could offer some reverse coattails to Obama.

Then there is Obama’s effort to spike core Democratic turnout, about 20% of the population in Virginia.

Over 300,000 new voters have been registered this year, with the highest percentage increase in heavily-black Richmond. Other localities with increased registration are liberal-to-moderate Alexandria and Fairfax.

“Obama wants to run up the margin in northern Virginia, increase black turnout and maximize the college towns,” Davis explained.

Virginia Republicans all express public optimism that McCain will ultimately pull out a win there.

“I’m very confident that we will win Virginia,” said Cantor, noting that presidential races bring out a larger turnout than the commonwealth’s off-year gubernatorial races.

In this vein, Allen pointed out that the military-heavy state – home to the Pentagon and the world’s largest naval base – behaves differently in presidential years.

“They’re voting for a commander-in-chief, not a governor,” Allen said of the troops, many of whom are deployed and are missed in polling.

It’s precisely that element which has kept Virginia in Republican hands every four years, even when Southern Democrats were on the top of the Democratic ticket.

“The disproportionate presence of national security voters among independents in Virginia is what has kept the state in the GOP column in presidential contests even as party fortunes have ebbed and flowed between Republicans and Democrats in state elections,” said Frank Atkinson, a longtime Virginia Republican and author of two books on the commonwealth’s political history.

But Atkinson offered a cautionary note.

“It is a marginal advantage, though, not an insurmountable one.”

If Virginia does flip, Davis said, it will be an indicator of a commanding Democratic win.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14285.html

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513868
10/05/08 10:41 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
EXCLUSIVE: Obama to hit McCain on Keating Five

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on Monday will launch a multimedia campaign to draw attention to the involvement of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in the “Keating Five” savings-and-loan scandal of 1989-91, which blemished McCain’s public image and set him on his course as a self-styled reformer.

Pushing back against what it calls “guilt-by-association” tactics by McCain, the Obama campaign is e-mailing millions of supporters a link to a website, KeatingEconomics.com, that will have a 13-minute documentary on the scandal beginning at noon Eastern time on Monday. The overnight e-mails urge recipients to pass the link on to friends.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14302.html

--------------------------

This week is so gonna be nasty...

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513869
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

A CNN/Time Poll had Obama up 9 in Virginia. That's hard to believe.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513871
10/05/08 10:47 PM
10/05/08 10:47 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
A CNN/Time Poll had Obama up 9 in Virginia. That's hard to believe.

Was it Virginia or West Virginia that they interviewed people during he primary that didn't hesitate to say they wouldn't vote for a Black man????? :/Led me to believe it was definitely shakey ground for Obama. Must be WV.

I love the weekends, I can keep up with all these stories you guys are posting. tongue

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #513872
10/05/08 10:50 PM
10/05/08 10:50 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I would think that was WV. wink

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513875
10/05/08 11:10 PM
10/05/08 11:10 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I would think that was WV. wink

It is. Virginia is arguably more Purple than Red/Blue, because of the Red southwest, and blue north/coastal.

Though ironic that it would be West Virginia with the racial tinge, because those former western counties of Virginia left the state in early 1860s because they didn't want to go and join the Confederacy in the American Civil War.

But hey, its West Virginia. Fuck 'em.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513876
10/05/08 11:11 PM
10/05/08 11:11 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513877
10/05/08 11:14 PM
10/05/08 11:14 PM
California

California
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! RR that's fantastic. LMAO lol lol How did you do that? Was it on line somewhere???

Did anyone see the story about a letter BHO sent to some Norwegien couple 20 years ago???? He helped pay for their daughter's flight and they sent a thank you and he replied. For some reason it won't copy/past for me.

Anyway, I love that picture RR.

TIS

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #513884
10/05/08 11:51 PM
10/05/08 11:51 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! RR that's fantastic. LMAO lol lol How did you do that? Was it on line somewhere???

Did anyone see the story about a letter BHO sent to some Norwegien couple 20 years ago???? He helped pay for their daughter's flight and they sent a thank you and he replied. For some reason it won't copy/past for me.

Anyway, I love that picture RR.

TIS

No sorry, I copied/pasted it off another of those liberal blogs, like that Train-Analogy I posted earlier.

Anyway, I guess Obama is the Godfather, and Biden is Tom Hagen. Who's Fredo, Hillary? grin

And yes, I read that story about the letter. A rather nice story, I must say.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513885
10/05/08 11:59 PM
10/05/08 11:59 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Old News, but for the first time in its history, the bi-partisan Humane Society Legislative Fund is endorsing a Presidential candidate....

Humane Society Legislative Fund Endorses Obama-Biden

"...his[McCain] choice of running mate cemented our decision to oppose his ticket. Gov. Sarah Palin’s (R-Alaska) retrograde policies on animal welfare and conservation have led to an all-out war on Alaska’s wolves and other creatures. Her record is so extreme that she has perhaps done more harm to animals than any other current governor in the United States.

Palin engineered a campaign of shooting predators from airplanes and helicopters, in order to artificially boost the populations of moose and caribou for trophy hunters. She offered a $150 bounty for the left foreleg of each dead wolf as an economic incentive for pilots and aerial gunners to kill more of the animals, even though Alaska voters had twice approved a ban on the practice. This year, the issue was up again for a vote of the people, and Palin led the fight against it—in fact, she helped to spend $400,000 of public funds to defeat the initiative.

http://hslf.typepad.com/political_animal/2008/09/humane-society.html

---------------------------------

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 10/06/08 12:00 AM.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513901
10/06/08 08:54 AM
10/06/08 08:54 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Could this be the first signs of panic or just more promotion of the "Obama's a foreigner" meme.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fec_complaint

GOP to file fundraising complaint against Obama

Sun Oct 5, 9:35 PM ET

The Republican National Committee plans to file a fundraising complaint against Democrat Barack Obama's presidential campaign Monday, alleging it has accepted donations that exceed federal limits as well as illegal contributions from foreigners.

RNC officials acknowledged Sunday that they do not have a list of foreign donors to Obama's campaign. Instead, the complaint is based largely on media reports, including one from the conservative Web site Newsmax.

The complaint asks the Federal Elections Commission to audit Obama's campaign fund, RNC chief counsel Sean Cairncross said in a conference call with reporters.

Cairncross said little is known about many of Obama's donors because the campaign is not required to disclose detailed information about people who give less than $200.

The Obama campaign, which is not accepting public funds, has raised more than $468 million. About half has come from small donors, a point of pride for the Obama campaign.

The Obama campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lilo] #513902
10/06/08 09:05 AM
10/06/08 09:05 AM
California

California
It's hard to tell Lilo. I'll say this much though, IMHO most people don't understand these "donation/contribution" rules. I find the lobbyist issue somewhat confusing myself. confused

My first instinct is that any fundraising issue on either side may go astray because of that, but then again, you throw stuff out, and you don't really know what is gonna stick.

TIS

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Lilo] #513918
10/06/08 10:39 AM
10/06/08 10:39 AM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Lilo
Could this be the first signs of panic or just more promotion of the "Obama's a foreigner" meme.

The Republican National Committee plans to file a fundraising complaint against Democrat Barack Obama's presidential campaign Monday, alleging it has accepted donations that exceed federal limits as well as illegal contributions from foreigners.

RNC officials acknowledged Sunday that they do not have a list of foreign donors to Obama's campaign. Instead, the complaint is based largely on media reports, including one from the conservative Web site Newsmax.

Unbelievable. lol

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513930
10/06/08 11:28 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Unbelievable. lol

You know, I'm surprised Appleonya didn't post that news, considering that's where she probably gets most of her talking points.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513931
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513932
10/06/08 11:32 AM
10/06/08 11:32 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Palin Attacks Obama Over Wright -- Even Though McCain Said Wright Was Off Limits

Sarah Palin has now attacked Barack Obama over his association with Reverend Wright -- even though John McCain himself explicitly said this spring that Wright was off limits and that attacking Obama over his former minister was "not the message of my campaign."

Palin made her comments about Wright in a new interview with New York Times columnist Bill Kristol, after he asked her whether Wright was a legit issue.

"I don't know why that association isn't discussed more," Palin said, "because those were appalling things that that pastor had said about our great country, and to have sat in the pews for 20 years and listened to that -- with, I don't know, a sense of condoning it, I guess, because he didn't get up and leave -- to me, that does say something about character."

"I guess that would be a John McCain call on whether he wants to bring that up," Palin added.

But in April, when the North Carolina GOP released a TV ad on behalf of two local GOP candidates hitting Obama over Wright in terms virtually identical to those used by Palin here, McCain expressly condemned the attack and said his campaign wanted no part of it.

The ad attacked Obama as "too extreme," asserting that "for 20 years Barack Obama sat in his pew listening to his pastor." That's precisely the same point Palin made.

At the time, McCain his campaign called the North Carolina GOP and asked them to take down the ad.

"It's not the message of the Republican Party," McCain said then. "It's not the message of my campaign. I've pledged to conduct a respectful campaign."

When told that the N.C. party would continue to air the ad, McCain rejoined: "Unfortunately all I can do is, in as visible way as possible, is disassociate myself from that kind of campaigning."

So will McCain now disassociate himself from what Palin said? Or has McCain changed his mind and decided that the gutter attack on Wright he previously condemned in such high-minded terms is now a legit tactic for his campaign?

And if it's the latter, what's changed since then aside from the fact that his campaign is in trouble?

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/palin_attacks_obama_over_wrigh.php

------------------------------

So Palin, as part of a Church that thinks Israel deserves to be bombed, part of that "Jews for Jesus" evangelical converssion nonsense, and got witchcraft protection years back from the Israelites, is blasting Obama's Church behavior?

Is this the kettle calling the pot black?

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513934
10/06/08 11:45 AM
10/06/08 11:45 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
An interesting report by Rolling Stone magazine on John McCain's Military Record, which include 3 crashed planes(!) before his 5-year POW tenure.

Make-Believe Maverick

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513935
10/06/08 11:58 AM
10/06/08 11:58 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
'I'm Catholic, staunchly anti-abortion, and support Obama

Despite what some Republicans would like Catholics to believe, the list of what the church calls "intrinsically evil acts" does not begin and end with abortion. In fact, there are many intrinsically evil acts, and a committed Catholic must consider all of them in deciding how to vote.

-------------------

Obama's support for abortion rights has led some to the conclusion that no Catholic can vote for him. That's a mistake. While I have never swayed in my conviction that abortion is an unspeakable evil, I believe that we have lost the abortion battle -- permanently. A vote for Sen. John McCain does not guarantee the end of abortion in America. Not even close.

http://ncronline3.org/drupal/?q=node/2058

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513939
10/06/08 12:21 PM
10/06/08 12:21 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Taken from a liberal blog, so take this with a grain of salt, but interesting graphs none the less:

MCCAIN OBAMA BARR NADER OTHER UND

18-29 28 64 0 1 2 5
30-44 41 49 4 2 2 2
45-59 43 51 1 2 2 1
60+ 45 43 1 2 1 8

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/5/938/65231/778/620619

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #513954
10/06/08 01:05 PM
10/06/08 01:05 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Was it Virginia or West Virginia that they interviewed people during he primary that didn't hesitate to say they wouldn't vote for a Black man????? :/Led me to believe it was definitely shakey ground for Obama. Must be WV.

TIS

I think that was WV. I wonder where this woman is from
Redneck woman rails on Obama

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #513960
10/06/08 01:41 PM
10/06/08 01:41 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
An interesting report by Rolling Stone magazine on John McCain's Military Record, which include 3 crashed planes(!) before his 5-year POW tenure.

Make-Believe Maverick

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

Interesting article. But 3 planes (which cost us the equivalent of 8.6 million dollars [in 2008 dollars] )? I read it was 4, and a fifth was blown-up where he became a POW. BTW Did you know he was a POW? wink

AND he was allegedly in command of the aircraft from which the rocket was fired which put a crater in the deck of the Forrestal and started a fire killing 134, injuring 161, and destroying 21 aircraft.

He NEVER would have been a pilot in the first place being at the bottom 1% of his class if it weren't for his high ranking connections.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Saladbar] #513964
10/06/08 01:48 PM
10/06/08 01:48 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

A bunch of new polls today. Obama opens up double digits in Virginia.

Code:
Monday, 10/06/2008

National	Gallup Tracking	        Obama 50, McCain 42	Obama +8
National	Rasmussen Tracking	Obama 52, McCain 44	Obama +8
National	Hotline/FD Tracking	Obama 47, McCain 41	Obama +6
National	Democracy Corps (D)	Obama 49, McCain 46	Obama +3
National	GW/Battleground         Obama 50, McCain 43	Obama +7
National	CNN	                Obama 53, McCain 45	Obama +8
New Hampshire	SurveyUSA	        Obama 53, McCain 40	Obama +13
New Mexico	Albuquerque Journal	Obama 45, McCain 40	Obama +5
North Carolina	PPP             	McCain 44, Obama 50	Obama +6
Ohio	        Columbus Dispatch	Obama 49, McCain 42	Obama +7
Pennsylvania	Morning Call Tracking	Obama 49, McCain 38	Obama +11
Virginia	Suffolk	                Obama 51, McCain 39	Obama +12
Virginia	SurveyUSA	        Obama 53, McCain 43	Obama +10 

Last edited by Just Lou; 10/06/08 06:00 PM.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513967
10/06/08 02:02 PM
10/06/08 02:02 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

DNC releases new ad using McCain's own words against him on the subject of attack ads.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513968
10/06/08 02:03 PM
10/06/08 02:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The wheels are starting to come off. It's shaping up to become the most lopsided election since '96.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: pizzaboy] #513973
10/06/08 02:10 PM
10/06/08 02:10 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline OP
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The wheels are starting to come off. It's shaping up to become the most lopsided election since '96.

Looks like it, but not time to be counting chickens

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Saladbar] #513979
10/06/08 02:47 PM
10/06/08 02:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Saladbar
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Make-Believe Maverick

Interesting article. But 3 planes (which cost us the equivalent of 8.6 million dollars [in 2008 dollars] )? I read it was 4, and a fifth was blown-up where he became a POW. BTW Did you know he was a POW? wink

AND he was allegedly in command of the aircraft from which the rocket was fired which put a crater in the deck of the Forrestal and started a fire killing 134, injuring 161, and destroying 21 aircraft.

He NEVER would have been a pilot in the first place being at the bottom 1% of his class if it weren't for his high ranking connections.

From what I understand, that stray rocket wasn't fired from McCain's plane, but that his plane was the one that got hit, which exploded and caused that chain-reaction.

The guy has a questionable military record, pre-POW days, but I don't think it was his fault at all for that fire, though you can argue how dickish McCain was after that incident, if that ROLLING STONE article is to be believed.

Re: CAMPAIGN 2008 [Re: Just Lou] #513988
10/06/08 03:34 PM
10/06/08 03:34 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
DNC releases new ad using McCain's own words against him on the subject of attack ads.

Wow, that was good.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Page 64 of 121 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 120 121

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull