Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
One thing about these cop bios, is that their egos are as big, if not bigger, than the criminals they go after. From Pistone (the original egomaniac), to Rick Cowan (TAKEDOWN), to this latest guy (JACK FALCONE), they really lead themselves to believe that they did it all by themselves. rolleyes

You said it, PB! Although I loved the book "Donnie Brasco," and liked the movie a lot, Pistone's ego made me take everything with a barrel of salt. At lest Falcone was very personable--something I can't say for Pistone.

One more thing, TB. At least "Falcone" isn't pretending that his life is in danger to make himself into a bigger hero and sell more books, as Pistone often has. Falcone says, "I'm the good guy, why should I be afraid, why should I hide?" Which, to me, is a pretty honest take on the situation. I never believed, not for one minute, that any boss would have sanctioned a hit on a Federal Agent. Maybe Lefty Ruggiero ran his mouth off about getting even with Brasco/Pistone, but I doubt it ever got any further than that. By claiming that any connected guy could collect on an alleged "open contract" on himself, Pistone really proved himself to be a bit of a narcissistic jerk. A hero, no doubt, but still a jerk.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.