Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I picked up the book yesterday and skimmed it a bit last night. It looks promising. Much of it takes place in my neck of the woods (The Bronx, Westchester County), so it's that much more interesting for me.

The big difference between this guy and Pistone, is that Falcone got close to the elderly Bronx capo MUCH quicker. He was "under," made contact, and got proposed for his button in like two years!! Granted, he was a veteran undercover agent, but he was only "Jack Falcone" for a short time prior to moving up the hierarchy.

One thing about these cop bios, is that their egos are as big, if not bigger, than the criminals they go after. From Pistone (the original egomaniac), to Rick Cowan (TAKEDOWN), to this latest guy (JACK FALCONE), they really lead themselves to believe that they did it all by themselves. rolleyes

Have the Gambinos always had a presence in The Bronx and Westchester or was that more Genovese territory?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.