Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Work cures all ills. He's whining?? Put him to work! That'll shut him up. tongue

I can't wait to retire. After the year I'm having thus far, I may just finish out this school year, I don't know. ohwell Everyone says, "you'll get bored" "you'll wanna work." I say, "wanna bet?" If I feel like sitting on my ass, I will. If I feel like keeping busy, I'll do that too, BUT work is Not fun and I will find another kind of busy. smile

But yea, there are those who simply must work or do worklike things....Me, I'm not one of them. lol

TIS

I retired at 54 and my wife a year earlier. The first year was filled with alot of activity, then the drop-off. Yes, it did become boring. You can only play with the grandkids so much and there are only a certainamoutn of things you always wanted to do. So, I teach to help take up the time. Still, there's alot of timeleft over. So think twice about retiring especially if you are in good health. My wife stays pretty busy with the kids, grandkids, and traveling. But I look for things to do to occupy me. Don't retire because you are tired; do it because it's the right time to do so.

Last edited by olivant; 10/18/08 02:23 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."