GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 225 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday VanillaLimeCoke.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,555
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,535
Posts1,062,664
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Longneck] #522347
11/27/08 10:58 PM
11/27/08 10:58 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I must say, there is lousy tv tonight. Everything is a repeat and/or just not good. After spending the day cooking/baking it'd be nice to relax with a good movie or something. With all the cable channels available 75 per cent are, what I call, bullshit channels. rolleyes
Even HBO runs the same movies over and over. However, I see the Bourne Ultimatum is on at 8:00 on HBO. I may watch that, even though I have the video. It's been a while. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #522353
11/28/08 12:59 AM
11/28/08 12:59 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Um, The GODFATHER is on. What do you mean, there's nothing good on??? lol

I can't believe that my family stayed until almost 11:30. There are holidays when I think that they're just going to move freaking in. And the only reason that they left when they did is because I looked at my watch at 5 to 11 and said, "I've been up since 6. Get out."

The day was very nice, though. The turkey was really, really good. It was golden on the outside and moist on the inside. And I hid the leftover stuffing so nobody could take it home. shhh

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522354
11/28/08 01:12 AM
11/28/08 01:12 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
They always play the Godfather films during the holidays.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Longneck] #522360
11/28/08 02:01 AM
11/28/08 02:01 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Hope everyone here had a lovely Thanksgiving!

I enjoyed getting together with family today, and certainly appreciated the time off. I'll now spend the rest of the break either working on two papers or procrastinating on them. I'll let you know later which one I ended up choosing. lol

I get stressed just doing regular shopping, so I don't think I'm up for Black Friday. Not to mention I'd have to stay up all night to make it, since I'm no early bird.

TIS, let us know if you end up with any good deals! And BL, hope you feel better.

SB, I saw this morning that Godfather would be on, and just had to mention it to my mom. My dad and I have gone absolutely overboard with it, where we play it whenever it's on TV, mostly as a joke on her...she can't believe how often it plays, nor how often we're willing to watch it.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #522361
11/28/08 02:05 AM
11/28/08 02:05 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
What does Thanksgiving celebrate?

Sorry for my stupidity, But I come from the land down under da da da da...

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: whisper] #522365
11/28/08 09:28 AM
11/28/08 09:28 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: whisper
What does Thanksgiving celebrate?

It goes back to the early days here in America... it basically is a festival celebrating bountiful harvests and food before the onset of winter.

The "Black Friday" (today) is generally meant to represent the "official" start of the Christmas shopping rush. Most stores have major sales luring shoppers in with REALLY low prices on a limited number of items... it's become a tradition for many to line up for hours before the stores open up at 6:00 a.m. and then rush into the store in a wild frenzy. Fights, trampled people and pure greed is what it has become. I'm sick of watching all these suckers repeat this every year. I say we should allow them to arm themselves with automatic weapons and flamethrowers and make it REALLY interesting.

Some years ago I worked for Wal*Mart and I wanted to experience this phenemonon first hand so I went to the store early and went in through the Employee entrance - we were not allowed to participate in the sales if we did this, but I wanted to see what the rush was like... I almost got bowled over as this mob (over 1,000 people) came RUSHING in ... people were shoving each other... it was FUCKING SICKENING!!

There was already a report of someone dying from a heart attack this morning while rushing into a store here on Long Island.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522367
11/28/08 10:38 AM
11/28/08 10:38 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I wouldn't be surprised. I want to get a GPS for Mr. Babe for Christmas. But there was no way I was going to get caught up in the feeding frenzy. I'll pay an extra $30 and sleep in. Or maybe I'll take advantage of Cyber Monday.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522374
11/28/08 11:23 AM
11/28/08 11:23 AM
California

California
I must be crazy, but it' 7:20 here and I'm tempted to take a peek for bargains. tongue I have a Walmart, Target, Marhsalls, Mervyns (which is going out of business as well) in my area. It's early, I might catch some sale. Yet, I don't have any one thing I am looking for. Do I really want to join the mad rush???? (Jeopardy music playing) ohwell

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #522375
11/28/08 12:14 PM
11/28/08 12:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
No TIS, you don't. You don't need anything. Stay home and enjoy it.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: olivant] #522377
11/28/08 12:25 PM
11/28/08 12:25 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Stay home, TIS. They're fucking animals out there today!

The report from the Long Island Wal*Mart that I mentioned earlier - it was a 34 year old employee that was crushed to death by the mob rushing into the store... the fuckers actually bent the door frames as they rushed into the store. This employee (stupidly) was trying to hold back the crowd. An eight month pregnant woman was also injured in the rush. Fucking people were carrying sale televisions and stepping over the bodies of those hurt so that they could pay for their goodies.

FUCKING ANIMALS!!!

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522378
11/28/08 12:29 PM
11/28/08 12:29 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: SC

The report from the Long Island Wal*Mart that I mentioned earlier - it was a 34 year old employee that was crushed to death by the mob rushing into the store... the fuckers actually bent the door frames as they rushed into the store. This employee (stupidly) was trying to hold back the crowd. An eight month pregnant woman was also injured in the rush. Fucking people were carrying sale televisions and stepping over the bodies of those hurt so that they could pay for their goodies.

FUCKING ANIMALS!!!

Oh my God!!! That's awful. eek Geez, what vultures!!! I'm not that into bargains. lol

TIS

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #522379
11/28/08 12:36 PM
11/28/08 12:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The police closed down the store shortly afterwards... (they probably had to have a few hundred cops to do that). So far, the store is still closed and it MAY be closed all day.

You just know there are some fuckers down in Bentonville, Arkansas (the corporate headquarters for Wal*Mart) bitching and moaning about that now.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522384
11/28/08 01:33 PM
11/28/08 01:33 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Dear me. Crazy,scary stuff that!

I don't know what gets into people sometimes?

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522390
11/28/08 02:10 PM
11/28/08 02:10 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
The "Black Friday" (today) is generally meant to represent the "official" start of the Christmas shopping rush.

I thought those mad killer dashes were mostly for "must have" "rare" items-of-the-year like Cabbage Patch Dolls, Tickle Me Elmos, Beanie Babies, Wii's, etc...

But yeah, never too early to start thinking about Christmas. I love this video... grin

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #522391
11/28/08 02:11 PM
11/28/08 02:11 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
That is crazy. Geez. Calm down people, It's only a sale.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: whisper] #522395
11/28/08 03:05 PM
11/28/08 03:05 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
SC, that is unbelievable. I can't imagine wanting anything that badly. I read that he was only a temporary worker, too, poor thing!

My father hated shopping (his version of Christmas shopping was to go to my uncle's jewelry store and tell Aunt Clara to pick out something nice for my mother). I wanted a Baby Party one Christmas and it was apparently a rather difficult item to find. Somehow my mother found out that a local department store was going to have it, so she sent my dad to get it.

He came home visibly shaken. He said that he didn't know where the toy department was, but it didn't matter because he was swept there with the crowd of shoppers that had gathered outside waiting for the store to open. He said that the women were kicking and clawing to get at the dolls. He grabbed one and ran for his life.

He told my mother that he would never, ever do something like that again.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522399
11/28/08 04:06 PM
11/28/08 04:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

FUCKING ANIMALS!!!

Sick Sick Sick Motherfuckers! It's just totally unbelievable!

In a nutshell there is no doubt that people are just out of control animals with this black friday bullshit! mad

But the retail businesses in general have gotten so greedy and out of control with these ridiculous hours. Something needs to be done to stop this insanity and this fucking obsession with all this black friday hoopla. Perhaps the workers in these retail store shoud ban together and start to refuse to work these ridiculous hours under those kinds of conditions!

You just know there are some fuckers down in Bentonville, Arkansas (the corporate headquarters for Wal*Mart) bitching and moaning about that now.

Greed Greed Greed.

The family of that employee and that pregnant girl should sue the fucking shit out of Wal-Mart! The co-workers should walk out of the other Wal-Mart stores and refuse to ever work those kinds of hours and under those dangerous conditions! And hopefully the other retailers will get scared and cease all this black friday opening in the middle of the night bullshit.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Don Cardi] #522407
11/28/08 05:00 PM
11/28/08 05:00 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Too right, DC. It used to be that the stores started opening at 8, then 7, and earlier and earlier each year. The frenzy begins because people know that the stores usually only get a handful of the loss leaders, so they want to get the few that are there, seemingly at any price.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522408
11/28/08 05:10 PM
11/28/08 05:10 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
Hey, I'd run my grandmother over if it means getting 30% off of one of those singing Christmas frogs.

I shop until the CASHIER drops.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Don Cardi] #522411
11/28/08 05:39 PM
11/28/08 05:39 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

FUCKING ANIMALS!!!

Sick Sick Sick Motherfuckers! It's just totally unbelievable!

In a nutshell there is no doubt that people are just out of control animals with this black friday bullshit! mad

But the retail businesses in general have gotten so greedy and out of control with these ridiculous hours. Something needs to be done to stop this insanity and this fucking obsession with all this black friday hoopla. Perhaps the workers in these retail store shoud ban together and start to refuse to work these ridiculous hours under those kinds of conditions!

Greed Greed Greed.

The family of that employee and that pregnant girl should sue the fucking shit out of Wal-Mart! The co-workers should walk out of the other Wal-Mart stores and refuse to ever work those kinds of hours and under those dangerous conditions! And hopefully the other retailers will get scared and cease all this black friday opening in the middle of the night bullshit.

Oh I'm sure there will be lawsuits coming from this, as I read another article saying that the pregnant girl miscarried.

But playing devils advocate here suing wal-mart or any other retailer over this is totally stupid, and makes the families just as greedy if not more.

That employee f*cked up when he tried to hold the people back, and that pregnant girl well she was kind of stupid IMHO for putting herself/and her unborn child in that situation in the first place.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: The Iceman] #522418
11/28/08 06:10 PM
11/28/08 06:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Actually, the poor man was trampled at 5:03am when the crowd, angry that the employees hadn't opened the store yet, literally broke the doors down and trampled the poor man for being in his way. So he wasn't being "dumb", he just showed up to do his job. I just saw video of the police doing CPR on him as people rushed past and continued to shop. The store has reopened already.

As for the pregnant woman, luckily she and her baby are just fine.

Btw, a shopper was trampled at another WalMart in Long Island. Is this a WalMart thing or a Long Island thing? One thing I know for sure - it's a pretty fucked up thing.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522420
11/28/08 06:21 PM
11/28/08 06:21 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
How horrible.

I thought that no one had any money to spend anymore?
I've never understood why anyone in the best of times would be lining up to give their hard earned money away. And these aren't the best of times.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Lilo] #522422
11/28/08 06:34 PM
11/28/08 06:34 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Sicilian Babe] #522426
11/28/08 07:24 PM
11/28/08 07:24 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Actually, the poor man was trampled at 5:03am when the crowd, angry that the employees hadn't opened the store yet, literally broke the doors down and trampled the poor man for being in his way. So he wasn't being "dumb", he just showed up to do his job.

Believe me, I feel terrible for the dead guy and his family, but he should not have tried to prevent the mob from entering. A big mistake.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Btw, a shopper was trampled at another WalMart in Long Island. Is this a WalMart thing or a Long Island thing? One thing I know for sure - it's a pretty fucked up thing.

In Farmingdale. I've worked in three different Wal*Mart stores on Long Island and I'll tell you one thing - they don't give a crap about the safety of the workers or employees (despite what the corporate headquarters said in response to the death in Valley Stream).

I'm sure XDC will agree with me on that.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522427
11/28/08 07:28 PM
11/28/08 07:28 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
My mother worked at Wal-Mart for about 15 years, after retiring from her real job. She always said they treated their employees like shit.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: Don Cardi] #522453
11/29/08 12:15 AM
11/29/08 12:15 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline OP
klydon1  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Yep.

The potential problem is that his death occurred while he was acting in the course and scope of his employment, which places this matter in the realm of workers' compensation. Workers' comp legislation among all the states is a trade-off between employer and employee where the injured worker can collect benefits through administrative tribunals for his family and himself in an expedited process that circumvents the delays of state courts. They generally receive 2/3 of their salary. In return, the employee is barred generally from suing the employer for negligence. This keeps their insurance premiums down.

Where an employee dies from a work injury in many states (I can't speak for NY), a fatal claim petition may be brought by the deceased's spouse or dependents. Normally, a fiancee can not file the claim, but if the deceased's child is born, that child may be entitled to workers' comp benefits until he's 18 or, if he goes to college, old enough to support himself.

While an injured worker has very limited recourse against the employer outside of the WC Act, he can file third party suits against other individuals. Any recovery from the third party suit is offset against any workers' comp received. For instance, if a worker cuts his fingers off at work from a defective meat slicer, he receives WC benefits and can sue the manufacturer. If his product liability suit settles for $100,000 in 5 years, during which time he received $150,000 in workers' comp, he may be obligated to turn over his award to workers' comp. Normally the WC carrier is willing to accept pennies on the dollar of their lien;otherwise workers would have no incentive to file athird party suit.

Anyway, his offspring is certainly entitled to benefits in this situation. You don't have to prove liability. I hope Wal-Mart does the right thing and takes care of the mother of his baby as well.

I never felt the desire to participate in Black Friday, but if people enjoy it and it helps the economy, so be it. This morning when I woke up, my brother in law's girl friend came into the house and said she got great deals at Wal-Mart at 3:30 AM. I jokingly told her that there's no such thing as a good deal at 3:30 AM.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: klydon1] #522463
11/29/08 10:24 AM
11/29/08 10:24 AM
California

California
Here in CA, there was a shooting at a Palm Desert Toys R Us of all places. eek Can you imagine? Evidenly, this was not fighting over a sale item or related to Black Friday BUT started with two women fighting and two men dying.

For God's sake, who brings a gun to Toys R Us and not only that, can you imagine how awful it was for he kids there, not to mention everyone else. What is it? Tough times, economy, etc that bring out the dangerous crazies?

TIS

Toys R Us shooting

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #522464
11/29/08 11:54 AM
11/29/08 11:54 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
For God's sake, who brings a gun to Toys R Us and not only that, can you imagine how awful it was for he kids there, not to mention everyone else. What is it? Tough times, economy, etc that bring out the dangerous crazies?

I heard here that it was gang-related. While still unfortunate, this type of shooting wasn't related at all to the holidays or to the state of the economy... it could have happened at any time of year. Maybe that makes it even scarier. ohwell

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: SC] #522492
11/29/08 07:16 PM
11/29/08 07:16 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
One of the local tv stations is reporting that at least two of the shoppers who were thrown to the floor and hurt in the stampede at the Valley Stream Wal*Mart are now suing the store.

It's only gonna help their cases that some of the assistant store managers admitted (to reporters) that the store didn't have enough security on hand for the event.

1. Can you spell "end-of-career" to those assistants?

2. Wal*Mart will come up with a defense that it's not their fault.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #522496
11/29/08 08:07 PM
11/29/08 08:07 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
started with two women fighting and two men dying.

How typical, *tsk*!

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull