Quote:
Did I ever mention the film I was in, actually my car, a 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood was in, with Robin Williams and Jerry Stiller that was filmed in New York?

[/quote]No...tell us more, please! [/quote]

Well since you insist. It was one of Robin Williams least known films, and maybe one of his best, called "Seize the Day", based on the novel by Saul Bellow. It was made primarily for PBS, but is available on DVD. Its basically on the lines of "Death of Salesman" that takes place in the 50's with Robin Williams as a failed unemployed actor.

Being a car enthusiasts, I had a subscription to Hemmings Motor News, and saw an ad for a "casting call" for 50's cars, for a movie that was to be shot in New York City. At the time, 1986, I had a 1954 Cadillac white Fleetwood, and was selected to be used in the movie. At the time, I lived in the Philadelphia area, so I was able to do it. I was to be on location, 106th and Broadway at around 8 in the morning. Quite a thrill cruising up the NJ turnpike in a 30 yo Cadillac! I was, or I shall I say, my car was used in one of the first scenes, with me driving. I was told to drive slowly up the street, as Robin Williams was crossing. Easy enough I thought. When I heard "action" up I went, as Robin started crossing the street. When he walked in front of me, I put on the brakes, and heard the director yell "Cut!". He then proceeded to ask why I stopped, I told him that I was going to hit Robin. He said no matter keep going! I guess he wanted to capture real New York driving! I did it in the second take, and almost hit Robin. It was a lot of fun, and I was paid $25, almost enough to pay for gas and the tolls, plus all the bagels I could eat. Robin was very gracious, and signed autographs and kidded with all of us. When the film was done months later, I was invited to a screening in New York, and lo and behold who was sitting in the audience, but Joseph Wiseman! Name don't ring a bell? How about Dr. No?

Care to hear about my being in a film with John Wayne?

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.