Originally Posted By: Saladbar
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

On this I must agree. No leader of any country should ever bow down to the leader of another country. To bow down to someone signifies that one is subservient to the person that they are bowing down to. Bowing down is also a sign of submission.

Bowing does not equate to submission. In fact it is common protocol in many cultures. A bow, however, is merely a sign of respect.

I must respectfully disagree with you Saladbar. Bowing is not merely just a sign of respect. There is much deeper meaning to bowing, especially when it's to a King, a leader of a government, etc. But once again I'll say what I said earlier in case you missed it; I don't believe that President Obama bowed with the intention of signifiying that the King that he was bowing to was better than him. As I also said earlier, I don't believe that President Obama fully understood that if he bowed it could appear as if he was being subservient or submissive. I do believe that the President, much like you, felt that his bow was just a sign of resepct.

Originally Posted By: Saladbar

Of all the things going wrong in the world, how high would you rank this "bow"? War, Famine, Pestilence, Grey's Anatomy, Rape...hymmm, not even in my top 100,000 list. The world's on fire, and we gotta argue protocol.

I guess you missed my other post wink :

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Yes, I agree that in the grand scheme of things this occurance really isn't a big deal. But it's a fun and educational experience to get the different thoughts and ideas from the different people who address what's actually being discussed. Hearing what people have to say about the actual issue being discussed is what helps all of us to become more open minded.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.