Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Okay, these states talk about Secession. Do I understand that to be detached from the U.S. and become their own country? Ha ha ha kind of drastic isn't it? lol They can't really do that can they? (not that I think they will, even if they could mind you. I think it's all BS personally). Why do are going to such silly extremes???

TIS

Texas v. White , 1869. Chief Justice Chase, writing
for the court in its 1869 decision, said:

"The Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union, composed of indestructible States. ... Considered, therefore, as transactions under the Constitution, the Ordinance of Secession, adopted by the convention and ratified by a majority of the citizens of Texas, and all the Acts of her Legislature intended to give effect to that ordinance, were absolutely null. They were utterly without operation in law. ... Our conclusion, therefore, is, that Texas continued to be a State, and a State of the Union, notwithstanding the transactions to which we have referred."

Also, the Constitution's Article IV, Section 4 requires that the federal government guarantee to each state a republican form of government, something it can't do if a state is not part of the Union.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."