The newest Dillinger movie, Public Enemies, was ok. Depp does a great job in the acting department. But I felt that the writers / producers of the movie dropped the ball in that all they did was create just another shoot - em - up Dillinger movie instead of giving us a more detailed back ground and insight into the Dillinger character, his life before crime, and how he turned to a life of crime.

With that said I wouldn't go as far as saying that I "admire" Dillinger, but instead say that he was a very interesting character. To say that he wasn't "really" a murder is, in my opinion, a bit on the denial side... boarderline nieve.

Although he may have not been convicted of actually killing anyone himself, he sure was responsible for those murdered as a result of his crimes and / or his being persued by law enforcement.

The man was a criminal and a thief who took what he wanted from society which in my eyes equates to stealing from the average working man, woman, and family.

Let's not make this guy out to be some kind of a hero.

We may have an interest in the mafia, the mob and even public enemies, but I think, or at least I hope, that while we do have that interest in these kinds of people most of us are able to discern the difference between interest and admiration.

John Dillinger and these criminals deserve what many of them get in the end.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.