Now that the season is drawing to an end, I think the following awards are appropriate:

AL MVP- Joe Mauer. He simply had the greatest offensive year ever by a catcher, the most demanding position on the field. He led the Twins without Morneau to the brink of the playoffs.

AL Cy Young- Greinke. While his team was among the worst in baseball, he was the best pitcher in his league from start to finish. Others have won more games, but none outpitched him in the AL.

AL Manager of the Year- Scioscia. The Adenhart death, injuries to the staff and lineup, and the team doesn't miss a beat in winning another division.

NL MVP- Pujols. He had it won at the All-Star Break. He's the best player in baseball, and a big reason that the Cardinals ran away with the division.

NL Cy Young- Carpenter by a hair over Lincecum. And Wainright only a step behind them. I think Lincecum is a better pitcher, but this was Carpenter's year.

NL Manager of the Year- Jim Tracy. months ago in another thread I said he was the most underrated mgr. in baseball (Piniella was the most overrated). What the Rockies were before he took over in May, and what they were after shows his value.

Finally, I would vote for the Phillies' Ruben Amaro, Jr. as exec of the year. Not only did he bring in Cliff Lee and Ben francisco for very little and sign Pedro Martinez, but it was the trade he turned down (Roy Halladay) that allowed him to keep top mlb pitching prospect, Kyle Drabeck, and JA Happ, who will likely be rookie of the year.