Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Wow Twins win! Amazing game! Did anyone else watch it? If you couldn't enjoy a game like this then there's no way you could ever enjoy baseball.

This might be the kind of game the gives them momentum to play well against the Yankees in the first round.

It was an outstanding game, one of the most enjoyable I've seen in a long time. Despite the dome, artificial turf and DH it was a pure game of baseball with a lot at stake and free of the East Coast media overhyping.

Baseball has over time sadly departed (and continues to depart further) from a game that's played on the bases to one where the long ball and sudden cluster scoring are the emphasis. The entire dynamic of the game has been changed by expansion, smaller ballparks, a more juiced up ball, markets with skyrocketing payrolls, among other things. As a result, guys like Nick Punto get lost in the shuffle.

I too would love to see the David slay Goliath, but it is unlikely. Yes, the Twins are riding a wave of excitement into the playoffs, but 12 innings yesterday, a 3:00 am arrival and a 6:30 game tonight will take its toll. They have rarely beaten the hired mercenaries-I mean the Yankees- in the past few years.