GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 709 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,998
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,406
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,828
Posts1,069,941
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 60 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 59 60
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565125
01/15/10 03:06 PM
01/15/10 03:06 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Well Jimmy Kimmel (who brutally parodied Leno to the teeth the other night) was on Leno and...I gotta get the video posted ASAP, but he rips Leno a whole new asshole.

Jay: What was the best prank you ever pulled on someone?

Jimmy: I promised someone I'd give him my show in five years, and after five years I gave it to him, but then I took it right back.

Kimmel on Leno

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565185
01/16/10 03:37 PM
01/16/10 03:37 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Report: NBC to pay Conan $30 million Jan. 15, 2010, 7:27 PM EST

NBC has its way out of the Conan Crisis.

The network has agreed to pay O'Brien $30 million to vacate the 11:35 p.m. "Tonight Show," individuals involved in the negotiations have told TheWrap. The deal, which still has to be formally signed, could be announced as early as Friday. Individuals in O'Brien's camp declined to comment.

As TheWrap previously reported, Team Conan was insisting that NBC has breached O'Brien's contract because, it argued, the deal had a timeslot guarantee. NBC's response: No, there is no such guarantee of a specific timeslot for "Tonight." So as long as we keep something called "The Tonight Show" on the air, there is no breach. If NBC had been in breach, it would have owed Conan around $40 million (and as much as $50 million, according to some reports, as a penalty. People close to NBC insisted the network would not yield on this point-- it wouldn't admit it had breached O'Brien's deal.

Under this proposal, the sooner O'Brien starts a new gig -- if he starts one -- the less money it would have to pay. So if Conan managed to land a new job at Fox within a year, the Peacock might shell out less than the full $30 million.

Last edited by olivant; 01/16/10 03:37 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #565262
01/17/10 04:26 PM
01/17/10 04:26 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
In spite of how he was treated, I can't feel to badly for anyone who walks away with 30 mil. ohwell

I saw part of a movie on HBO last night with Edward Norton. It was called Pride & Glory. I always catch it late at night (twice now) and have never seen it all the way thru. Anyone hear of it? confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565273
01/17/10 06:19 PM
01/17/10 06:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Man Stern was psychic!

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565399
01/19/10 12:55 AM
01/19/10 12:55 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
TALL, SLENDER REDHEAD AVAILABLE FOR NIGHTTIME RECREATION - m4ww - 30 (Universal Studios)

- Tall, slender redhead available for nighttime recreation.

- 6’4”, completely ripped, VERY Caucasian.

- Drapes match the carpet.

- Currently homeless, must meet at your place.

- Can go a whole hour (with scheduled breaks every 7-10 minutes).

- Fatties welcome.

- Not afraid to take two people at once, and then a musical guest.

- NOTE: If you want me to perform after midnight, it'll cost you!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cas/1558679241.html

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565404
01/19/10 06:07 AM
01/19/10 06:07 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
In spite of how he was treated, I can't feel to badly for anyone who walks away with 30 mil. ohwell

I saw part of a movie on HBO last night with Edward Norton. It was called Pride & Glory. I always catch it late at night (twice now) and have never seen it all the way thru. Anyone hear of it? confused

TIS

I saw it. I thought it was a worthwhile cop drama. Colin Farrell comes very close to stealing every scene he's in. Rick Gonzalez does a great cameo. It's DEFINITELY not a new story by any stretch of the imagination but it was well done.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565427
01/19/10 11:28 AM
01/19/10 11:28 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
There's a movie with Edward Norton and Ben Stiller. They play two boyhood best friends. Norton grows up to be a priest and Stiller a rabbi. They become known in the neighborhood as "The God Squad" and try to bring youth and energy to their respective congregations. All goes well until their third childhood buddy Anna, played by Jenna Elfman, comes back into their lives. Naturally, they both fall in love with her.

The movie is cute and light-hearted. It was nice to see Norton in such a role. I can't remember the name of it, but try to catch it if I'm flipping channels and it's on. Ann Bancroft is very good as Stiller's mom.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #565483
01/19/10 02:22 PM
01/19/10 02:22 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
That was a good movie. I believe it was called Keeping The Faith.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565489
01/19/10 02:34 PM
01/19/10 02:34 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Lilo

TIS

I saw it. I thought it was a worthwhile cop drama. Colin Farrell comes very close to stealing every scene he's in. Rick Gonzalez does a great cameo. It's DEFINITELY not a new story by any stretch of the imagination but it was well done.

Lilo,

For some reason, I'm not destined to see the entire movie. It was on HBO and I caught it twice and fell asleep midway. The other night, I watched it at my convenience, using "on demand". I was able to fast forward to the spot I left off. It was later at night and once again I fell asleep. tongue

A very disturbing scene was the one with the baby and the iron. eek Horrible! I cringe.

Anyway, I may just give up.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565655
01/21/10 11:46 AM
01/21/10 11:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
It's Finalized: Conan, NBC reach $45 million Divorce

Conan O'Brien and NBC worked out their final conflict hours ago and have reached a $45 million settlement ... and we've learned it's a sweeter deal for Conan than anyone thought.

Network sources tell TMZ the "mitigation" clause was taken off the table. Translation -- Conan will get a severance of $32.5 million, regardless of whether he gets another hosting gig. Not bad for seven months work.

As we first reported, NBC will pay $7.5 million to Conan's "Tonight Show" staff -- and our sources believe the network added several thousand more to the pot at the last minute.

In addition, NBC will pay a whopping $4.5 million to the executive producer.

Conan's last show is Friday. We're told NBC hasn't decided who will replace Conan for the period between Monday and the Winter Olympics.

http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dGJ8RNm6

------------------------------------------------

I like all the support Conan got from the other late night talk show hosts (minus Leno) and comedians. Last night at the TV Hall of Fame banquet, where Gene Roddenberry (creator of STAR TREK) got inducted by Seth McFarlane (FAMILY GUY). Ole Seth's comment about TREK's cancellation:

"NBC, not known for its good programming decisions even back then..."

smile

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565749
01/22/10 10:58 AM
01/22/10 10:58 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It's personal... very personal

"Letterman has been hammering me every night," Leno said on Wednesday's show. "You know the best way to get Letterman to ignore you? Marry him. He will not bother you. He won't look you in the eye."

Last week, Leno said Letterman's attacks surprised him because "usually he's just taking shots at the interns."

Letterman vs. Leno

Winter is Coming

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565751
01/22/10 11:03 AM
01/22/10 11:03 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Tonight is Conan's last show.

Jay, I hope you're happy.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565770
01/22/10 01:45 PM
01/22/10 01:45 PM
California

California
Although I do believe that Conan got the raw deal, I don't hate Leno. He has always been described as a real nice down to earth guy. Now that he "won" the spot back, it seems everyone hates him, I don't. ohwell I like O'Brien too though. It's very hard to feel badly for him when he got so much cash.

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565780
01/22/10 03:20 PM
01/22/10 03:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I like O'Brien too though. It's very hard to feel badly for him when he got so much cash.

TIS

That's true, Tis, BUT . . . while Conan got 32 million to walk away, Jay will continue to make 30 million PER YEAR.

I think Leno comes out of this deal looking like a f'n bum. Just my stupid opinion, but I hope he fails in every way. While Jay always won in the ratings, Letterman has always been more popular with the critics, because his brand of humor is just smarter. And Leno has always been very bitter about that.

But who cares about the critics? It would be nice if Dave can finally catch Leno in the ratings.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #565782
01/22/10 03:32 PM
01/22/10 03:32 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I'm surprised at some of my fellow Board members posts about this subject. NBC has made a business decision about late night broadcasting. What is the problem with that? What does it have to do with whether or not Jay or Conan are nice guys or not.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #565788
01/22/10 03:52 PM
01/22/10 03:52 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Well, only speaking for myself, I'm not a huge fan of any of them if only because I'm usually not up that late. But it appears that NBC made a promise to Conan, which they are now reneging upon and it's not necessarily Conan's fault.

I do think that Conan took his reaction too far and I don't feel sorry for any multi-millionaire.

Winter is Coming

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #565789
01/22/10 03:54 PM
01/22/10 03:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I don't feel sorry for any multi-millionaire.

What about poor old Dick Cheney? whistle

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #565795
01/22/10 05:32 PM
01/22/10 05:32 PM
California

California
The reason why I bought up the fact that many times I've heard what a nice "down to earth guy" Leno was, IS because (if true) it seems out of character that he'd be so malicious. I heard his explanation the other night and he presented it in a "business" way I guess.

Again, I'm on Conan's side as far as him getting the shaft, BUT It seems NBC is the true culprit. They could have booted Leno if they wanted to which makes me wonder if THEY think Leno will bring more viewers/money??? confused

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565807
01/22/10 07:47 PM
01/22/10 07:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565821
01/23/10 01:21 AM
01/23/10 01:21 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Conan didn't get the shaft. He got, what, $33 MILLION? PLUS he made sure his crew was taken care of, for another $10M or so -- a good guy.

I don't dislike him, nor Leno -- I don't regularly watch late-night TV (ironically lol) -- but according to ratings, he's destroyed The Tonight Show. Fact. He'll do fine in another show (next Fall). And Jay will bring it back and do it 'til he retires....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: J Geoff] #565822
01/23/10 01:50 AM
01/23/10 01:50 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Conan didn't get the shaft. He got, what, $33 MILLION? PLUS he made sure his crew was taken care off, for another $10M or so -- a good guy.

He got the shaft. He got only 7 months when Leno had 2-3 years to get his stupid act together in the ratings.

Yeah I know its an easy kneejerk copout to say anyone is fine and happy because he's got a ton of money...but you know what geoff?

Between $35 million upfront and hosting the Tonight Show a real longterm run (5-10 years), I think Conando would have picked the Tonight Show. The guy 17 something years at 12:30, improved from shitty host to an outright comedy hero of my generation, and basically get bent over after 7 months on a job he was promised for 5 years.

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I don't dislike him, nor Leno -- I don't regularly watch late-night TV (ironically lol) -- but according to ratings, he's destroyed The Tonight Show. Fact. He'll do fine in another show (next Fall). And Jay will bring it back and do it 'til he retires....

Yeah because ratings are still in 2009 what they were 30, 20, or even 5 years ago. You're like those oldtimers who still think Americans give a shit about network news at 6:30 and not cable news or the Internet.

Besides, using your precious ratings, who tanked at 10 when there is a bigger audience available? Who of the late show hosts was the only one to NOT get a bump from this NBC fiasco? I mean last I checked, Coco didn't fail at primetime. He didn't get rewarded for failure like a certain someone.

Here's a clue: He's got several cars.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565823
01/23/10 02:20 AM
01/23/10 02:20 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
LMAO. Nuff said.

I'm not getting tangled into some troll who thinks I'm outdated -- I did this, and have been doing this, since you were a wish in your daddy's balls. tongue

I hear what you're saying; but disagreeing, respectfully. tongue

Quote anything I've said disrespectfully to your BFF Conan! EVERYONE on the BB (and via Google and beyond) will easily and quickly see thru you with such a reply. tongue

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #565824
01/23/10 02:32 AM
01/23/10 02:32 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
RR, I don't from where you get your information, but some of your statements don't add up. For one, a network news show at 6:30 PM EST is typically viewed by between 6 million and 10 million depending on which network newscast one watches. The largest audience among cable news shows closest to the 6:30 EST timeslot is about 3.5 million that tune in to watch Bret Baier on Fox. From then on through the evening Fox and the other cable networks program opinion shows.

I for one have never seen any TV host's contract, so I don't know the terms of those contracts. Perhaps you are privy to them. As I posted elsewhere, NBC and probably GE made a business decision in its equity holders interests in order to maximize the return of their investment.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #565825
01/23/10 05:16 AM
01/23/10 05:16 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I've been loyal to Conan for about 15 years. He's everything I wish I could be. He's the Carson/Leno of my generation. For those of you who bring up the money he is getting to walk away and saying "I don't feel bad for him"... Conan himself has said repeatedly "Don't feel sorry for me!". He admits he has the best job in the world and he has no regrets.

Did anyone watch the final episode tonight? I just finished watching it. While he has ripped NBC the past two weeks, making him a sudden legend, his final words were nothing but respect for NBC, his home for the past twenty years (SNL, Late Night, and the Tonight Show). I do think he got the shaft by not getting the chance to establish himself with a new audience like Leno did, but I also think FOX or whoever is licking their chops at the opportunity to get this guy after what he just went through. He is (has been) the next generation for late night programming and he'll still be around when Leno and Letterman are done.

I thought his final remarks on the show were interesting after he gave his speech about NBC. I agree 100%.

"To all the people watching, I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism — it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

I love Conan O'Brien.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Blibbleblabble] #565840
01/23/10 05:00 PM
01/23/10 05:00 PM
California

California
I didn't see his last show but heard parts of his remarks. I am not a constant late night show watcher but know all of the late night hosts and actually like all of them. I agree that Conan's audience is maybe a younger/newer generation but personally, in spite of being old, I too really think he's funny. smile

YET, I still find Leno good and, like Johnny Carson, in a certain way. It was always nice to know, when you came home late at night, that you could tune in to Leno. He was "always there". I remember after Carson passed away talking with some co-workers. A few said how sometimes Johnny wasn't even funny, but they still felt like seeing him because he was Johnny and would make fun of himself if he bombed. Go figure. ohwell I think Leno, who was a guest on the Tonight Show many times, for many years, to my generation, was maybe getting to that "comfort" point. Maybe people my age can relate to that logic, I don't know. ohwell

Anyway, I hope (and believe) we'll be seeing Conan soon on another network and his fans will surely follow him because he too is good. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/23/10 05:11 PM.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #565841
01/23/10 05:19 PM
01/23/10 05:19 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I agree that Conan's audience is maybe a younger/newer generation but personally, in spite of being old, I too really think he's funny.

One of the many reasons you rock TIS smile

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: SC] #565856
01/24/10 01:01 PM
01/24/10 01:01 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By James Desborough, 24/01/2010

HOLLYWOOD golden pair Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have seen DIVORCE lawyers and signed a £205 million split deal, we can reveal. The world's most famous couple legally agreed how to divide their fortune and who gets custody of their six kids.

The megastars have agreed to equally divide their vast fortune - and to SHARE their six children. Dynamite legal papers secretly signed by the couple this month detail how all their homes and assets will be carved up.
The agreement gives them joint custody of the kids - but all six will actually live full-time with their mum.

Preparations for a split began in early December when "Brangelina" visited a top Los Angeles divorce firm to begin thrashing out the deal. An announcement of their separation is expected to be made soon - ending months of speculation that the five-year relationship is on the rocks.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #565867
01/24/10 02:22 PM
01/24/10 02:22 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss

Last edited by BAM_233; 01/24/10 02:23 PM.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: BAM_233] #565869
01/24/10 02:23 PM
01/24/10 02:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
There's a movie with Edward Norton and Ben Stiller. They play two boyhood best friends. Norton grows up to be a priest and Stiller a rabbi. They become known in the neighborhood as "The God Squad" and try to bring youth and energy to their respective congregations. All goes well until their third childhood buddy Anna, played by Jenna Elfman, comes back into their lives. Naturally, they both fall in love with her.

The movie is cute and light-hearted. It was nice to see Norton in such a role. I can't remember the name of it, but try to catch it if I'm flipping channels and it's on. Ann Bancroft is very good as Stiller's mom.

"Keeping the Faith," Babe.

I LOVE that film. I actually listed in in my New York City film thread last week. The location shooting on the Upper West Side is AMAZING. You know that I worked in funeral service for many years. Well, I can pretty much name you every Manhattan Church and Temple that was used in that film. Great stuff!

The film was actually based on a much older Priest and Rabbi out in the Five Towns (Hewlett, I think). They're in their 60s now, maybe even their 70s, and they do a local Long Island tv show together. It's called . . . "The God Squad."

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #565874
01/24/10 02:52 PM
01/24/10 02:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Isn't there also a scene filmed at The Cloisters? I haven't been there since I was a kid, but would love to take the girls.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 20 of 60 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 59 60

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull