GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 813 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,998
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,406
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,828
Posts1,069,950
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 60 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 59 60
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #571108
04/01/10 07:41 PM
04/01/10 07:41 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The show has run its course, anyway. Ever since the kid started to get awkward looking (the big, goofy, teen years), the show has been an inferior version of "The Odd Couple." And finding out that Charlie Sheen is really as big a lowlife in real life as he is onscreen is a bit of a turnoff, too. Not so cute when you find out the guy is really a woman beating junkie well into his 40s. I say keep "The Big Bang Theory" on Monday nights and start fresh all around it. It's the funniest show on television.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571157
04/02/10 12:38 PM
04/02/10 12:38 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
(knock, knock, knock) "Penny." (knock, knock, knock) "Penny."

Only Jim Parsons could be so unbelievably hilarious.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #571159
04/02/10 12:44 PM
04/02/10 12:44 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Only Jim Parsons could be so unbelievably hilarious.

I was SHOCKED to read that he's 37 years old. I thought they were all in their 20s, except for Johnny Galecki.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #571164
04/02/10 01:07 PM
04/02/10 01:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant
After seven seasons, CBS’s hit sitcom “Two and a Half Men” will be down one man after the April 9 taping, sources tell PEOPLE. The reason? “Charlie’s just done,” says a set source. “And he’s quietly telling his friends he’s not coming back.”

And now it seems that this has been a negotiating ploy by Sheen all along.

Money. Money. Money. My gut tells me he'll be back.

Sheen, Warner at odds over 'Two and a Half Men' deal

By Josef Adalian

TheWrap.com

Charlie Sheen and Warner Bros. TV are at odds over a new deal for the "Two and a Half Men" star, with Sheen using the media to drop hints that he's ready to walk away from the show if he doesn't get what he wants.

The negotiation tango began Thursday afternoon when People.com posted an item reporting Sheen had told friends he was "done" with the Warner Bros.- produced hit, which airs on CBS. The item included a carefully worded statement from Sheen's well-respected PR rep, Stan Rosenfield.

"Charlie's deal is only through this current season," he said.

That's true, people familiar with Sheen's contract confirmed to TheWrap. But people close to the show also indicated that Sheen's reps and Warners have been, and continue to be discussing terms of a new contract that would keep Sheen on "Men" for one or two more seasons.

Warner Bros. has a long-term deal in place with CBS to keep "Men" on the air for two more seasons beyond the current one. The studio declined to comment, as did CBS.

But not long after the People.com report, TMZ.com countered with a report claiming "sources directly connected" to "Men" -- i.e., sources at Warner Bros. TV -- were "laughing" at the notion that Sheen would walk away from the show. The report also claims Warners has agreed to up Sheen's salary to $1 million per episode, up from what the site says is his current payday of $825,000 per half-hour.

Do the math.

It's hardly unusual for stars to make noise about being burnt out or ready to leave a show when they're looking for more money. Such talk is seen as part of the standard game of chicken big actors play with studios as both sides attempt to make the best deal possible for their respective perspectives.

If the TMZ figures are correct, Sheen would be giving up nearly $50 million if he left "Men."

Warner Bros. could also lose money, too -- particularly if its deal with CBS contains language giving the network an out if a key cast member such as Sheen were to leave. That's usually why studios try to lock up key talent in advance of long-term license fee deals with networks -- though getting such star commitments isn't always possible.

The timing of Sheen's possible hardball negotiation ploy immediately struck some Hollywood insiders as odd. That's because Warners and CBS have been standing solidly behind Sheen as he battles domestic violence charges, and even shut down "Men" for a couple of weeks so that Sheen could enter "pre"- hab.

The move was not without financial cost to Warner Bros.: The studio had an order from CBS for 24 episodes of "Men" this season, but had to cut that back to 22 episodes in order to make up for the lost time.

No word on whether Warners sent Sheen a bill for the lost episodes.

You'd also think the last thing Sheen's camp would want right now is media attention of any type, particularly coverage that makes it appear Sheen could soon be out of work. Sheen's recent run-in with the law, as well as his well-documented substance abuse issues, could make it tough for him to find work on another series or movie.

That said, while all signs point to a negotiating ploy, the possibility that Sheen really just wants to step away from TV -- and the public spotlight -- can't be ruled out. Other actors have walked away from lucrative deals for reasons that had nothing to do with money.

Rob Lowe, for example, left "The West Wing" after four years, prompting much Hollywood head-scratching at the time. Likewise, Julianna Margulies ditched "ER" despite a rich contract offer said to be worth more than $25 million.

More recently, William Petersen departed "CSI" in order to focus on smaller acting roles.

If Sheen does end up exiting "Men," Warner Bros. would have little problem finding an actor to replace him. The joke around Hollywood during Sheen's recent stint in "pre"-hab was that brother Emilio Estevez was already on retainer, ready to step in for his sibling if need be.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571211
04/03/10 06:50 AM
04/03/10 06:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
This is an old interview but I had never seen it before. Evidently he never took his words back either. Some guys can get away with things like that. He is after all , James Bond.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: SC] #571222
04/03/10 11:36 AM
04/03/10 11:36 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
The next time a Board member touts the audience numbers for Fox News, refer them to this post. Despite its 3rd place finish among the evening news networks, during the most recent ratings period CBS News pulled in 5.6 million viewers compared to just 2.9 million O'Reilly viewers.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #571324
04/06/10 10:50 AM
04/06/10 10:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Nicollette Sheridan, who's famous for being on Desperate Housewives is getting her "One Shining Moment 2010" with Marc Cherry. Nicollette Sheridan is suing Marc Cherry, the creator of Desperate Housewives for $20 million in a wrongful termination claim.

Sheridan charges that Marc Cherry hit her and then killed off her character "Edie Britt", thus getting rid of her, when she tried to complain about it.

Whatever the case, ABC Studios is standing behind Marc Cherry according to EOnline: "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

The lawsuit covers assault, wrongful termination, and gender violence. It reads that Cherry hit her across the head and face.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #571325
04/06/10 10:57 AM
04/06/10 10:57 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
I watch Desperate Housewives all the time. I love the show. I wish others here did too. It'd be fun to discuss. Sheridan's character, Edie, was pretty good but I doubt anyone thought she'd be on forever since she wasn't one of the "regular" houswives. confused I remember Nicolette way way back when she was the young Page Mathison on Knott's Landing. smile

I don't know if she was hit or not, but the show successfully moved on since she left.

Btw, for Soprano fans, do you know who now has a "regular" (although like Sheridan, I assume temporary spot.) Adriana from the Sopranos, plays a mother of a teenage boy. A real change of character for her.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/06/10 10:58 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571338
04/06/10 03:20 PM
04/06/10 03:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Btw, for Soprano fans, do you know who now has a "regular" (although like Sheridan, I assume temporary spot.) Adriana from the Sopranos, plays a mother of a teenage boy. A real change of character for her.

TIS

See, I told ya'll: Aide lives!

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #571343
04/06/10 05:51 PM
04/06/10 05:51 PM
California

California

TIS

See, I told ya'll: Aide lives!

Ha ha ha ha!!! Yea Oli, Aide finally came back. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571344
04/06/10 07:12 PM
04/06/10 07:12 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
She has the scars where Silvio shot her!

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Mark] #571355
04/06/10 10:01 PM
04/06/10 10:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Glee returns in one week! Geoff, the cast will appear and perform on Oprah tomorrow. Wasn't able to get tickets to their concert, though. frown

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #571359
04/06/10 10:15 PM
04/06/10 10:15 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Two and a half men is the worst show. Ever.

Even worse than Everybody loves Raymond. Which is down there.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Longneck] #571361
04/06/10 10:21 PM
04/06/10 10:21 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Everybody Loves Raymond was freaking hilarious! I think it was one of the best sitcoms ever.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #571379
04/07/10 11:22 AM
04/07/10 11:22 AM
California

California
Actually I loved Raymond too. Like Seinfeld, it took me a while for it to grow on me, but I thought it was great.

I still like Two & A Half Men too, although, I think it may have run its course. It still makes me laugh. grin

Is anyone interested in seeing the new "Wall Street-Money Never Sleeps." I hear it debuts on April 23. Boy, wouldn't it be great to see Wall Street on Wall Street??? tongue
Anyway, I just saw the first one (nope, never saw it before) a couple months ago and definitely plan to see the new one.

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571382
04/07/10 12:23 PM
04/07/10 12:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Is anyone interested in seeing the new "Wall Street-Money Never Sleeps." I hear it debuts on April 23.

I dunno where you get your information, Lady, but "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," isn't coming out until September 24th tongue. But I'm really looking forward to it smile.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027718/

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571385
04/07/10 01:38 PM
04/07/10 01:38 PM
California

California
Really PB????? I checked a couple months ago and swear it was April. Is it possible they changed the opening date????? Hmmmmm. I'm really losing it if I'm that far off. lol

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571386
04/07/10 01:40 PM
04/07/10 01:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Really PB????? I checked a couple months ago and swear it was April. Is it possible they changed the opening date????? Hmmmmm. I'm really losing it if I'm that far off. lol

TIS

Here you go, Tis: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027718/

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571389
04/07/10 01:56 PM
04/07/10 01:56 PM
California

California
Ok, I'm wrong. I believe you. grin Like I said, I'm losing it. ohwell

I liked the first one and it's still fresh in my mind, so I am really looking forward to the new one. The co-star, Shia LeBeouf, I think was in "Disturbia" no??? That's all I know him from. And of course, Michael Douglas is so good at "greed". grin

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571390
04/07/10 01:59 PM
04/07/10 01:59 PM
California

California

Hold the presses!!! This isn't necessarily the same site I saw the release date, but, I'm not losing it after all. lol I knew I read April somewhere. grin

TIS

http://www.screeninglog.com/journal/tag/wall-street-money-never-sleeps

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571391
04/07/10 02:02 PM
04/07/10 02:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It says it was probably postponed to coincide with Cannes, which is good news. That means the early hype is pretty good and they want to showcase it for awards season next year.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571392
04/07/10 02:06 PM
04/07/10 02:06 PM
California

California
Did Wall Street win any awards??? I don't remember? Was Michael Douglas up for best actor? confused

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571393
04/07/10 02:09 PM
04/07/10 02:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Michael Douglas won the Best Actor Oscar for "Wall Street."

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #571401
04/07/10 05:52 PM
04/07/10 05:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Charlie Sheen earns $825,000 per episode

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #571538
04/09/10 02:34 PM
04/09/10 02:34 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Charlie Sheen earns $825,000 per episode

I just read that when Charlie Sheen orders up a prostitute, he insists that the agency send one who can cook, for when he's finished with her. I guess it gives him an appetite.

I guss it's kind of immoral, but give him points for practicality lol.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #571655
04/12/10 12:59 PM
04/12/10 12:59 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Conan O'Brien will have a new late night talk show on TBS which is expected to debut in November.

Winter is Coming

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #571666
04/12/10 03:08 PM
04/12/10 03:08 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes interview of John Gotti, Jr. last night? It's amazing how these thugs can brazenly and breezily give an interview without the least evidence of remorse.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #571667
04/12/10 03:10 PM
04/12/10 03:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Conan O'Brien will have a new late night talk show on TBS which is expected to debut in November.

Yeah, he's taking George Lopez's spot and George is getting pushed back to midnights. I read they were getting ready to cancel Lopez already (after only 4 months). His ratings are that bad. I guess they're hoping that with Conan as a lead-in, Lopez's ratings might pick up.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #571672
04/12/10 04:18 PM
04/12/10 04:18 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes interview of John Gotti, Jr. last night? It's amazing how these thugs can brazenly and breezily give an interview without the least evidence of remorse.

I did see that. He was trying very hard (and succeeding??) to come across as just an average middle aged dad with frustrations about raising teenage daughters.

I don't know how much a multi-acre estate costs where he lives but I imagine it's not cheap.

But if the Feds can't prove anything , so it goes..
What was the point of him giving an interview in the first place?

Winter is Coming

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #571674
04/12/10 04:30 PM
04/12/10 04:30 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Kitty Kelley has new book on Oprah.
Kelly's new book

Oprah and John Tesh

Winter is Coming

Page 26 of 60 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 59 60

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull