Originally Posted By: Danito
...It's one of the moments that I don't really understand even though it's powerful: "Fredo you're nothing to me now you're not a brother, you're not a friend."

Was Michael angry because
- Fredo didn't deliver more infor about the hearing?
- Fredo by his epileptic behavior showed that he knew in fact it was going to be a hit?
- Fredo put his own interests over the family?

Number three.

Judging from the 'You're nothing to me now...' speech, and how he calmly instructs Neri after the conversation is over...Michael went in there knowing exactly what he was going to have done with Fredo. First, he wants information, and, if Fredo would like to provide one...an explanation. He sure does get one.

Not that he would've changed his mind over Fredo's fate...but the outburst and profession of bitter jealousy only serves to solidify Michael's resolve that he will always be a danger to the Family, can NEVER again be trusted and has to die.

Cold as it may sound, it truly was a 'business' decision on Michael's part.

As was Fredo's decision to assist Roth.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON