Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
... I think the "so I know whose ass to kick" rant was manufactured emotion, plain and simple, to assuage his critics...

Perfectly put.

olivant is right...the language and even the tone of just about all his recent is inappropriate coming from a U.S. President. But Obama has proven many times over the past year that he's unworthy of the Office. Now, he has also proven he is completely void of any leadership skills whatsoever. I don't see how anyone could be surprised at the way he's handled this whole thing.

The significance of the 'kick ass' comment (and the entire interview and all the other interviews/speeches he's done on the oil disaster) is that he was clearly trying to act & look tough when he truly doesn't seem to know what else to do. (Except maybe examine a few tar balls on the beach.)

With apologies to big Obama fan Sir Paul McCartney...no, he's not doing a great job and I'm not going to 'lay off'.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 06/08/10 11:28 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON