GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Kangaroo Don), 245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,535
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58080
01/27/04 09:47 PM
01/27/04 09:47 PM
California
howardsternisgod Offline OP
Underboss
howardsternisgod  Offline OP
Underboss
California
Turi Giuliano - Are you still getting the error? It shouldn't be having any errors... mad

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58081
01/28/04 11:46 PM
01/28/04 11:46 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, there is a new article up on my website and the Daily 49er's website about a new scholarship program that I reported on. To read it go to either my website or the Daily 49er\'s website .

AND NOW, A GERRY WACHOVSKY EXCLUSIVE!
Many of you know that I work at 97.1 FM KLSX Los Angeles as a board-op/telephone screener, and a lot of you probably wonder exactly what it is I do there. Well, back on January 1st, 2004, I ran a fill-in show hosted by a coworker named Pat Mellon. For one hour of the three hour show he interviewed a man named Darrell Fusaro that has a one-man play entitled "The Basement", which is based on the Mafia (so of course I loved it, as the Mafia is my forte). Click on the link to Fusaro's site here and you can not only see a picture of me at work that day, but you can also hear that hour of the show! All the music clips, sound effects, fade-ins/fade-outs, etc., is what I do when I say I "ran a show". Listen to the hour (it's actually about 41 minutes, because I removed the commercials when editing the clip) and enjoy...it was a very interesting show that night. Note: It may be slower for 56k users to listen to the clip, so bear with it.

By the way, there will be no Senate article tomorrow since I was sick today and couldn't make it. Another reporter, however, was sent to report on it, so if you want to read it you can see his article at the Daily 49er\'s website tomorrow.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58082
01/29/04 11:10 PM
01/29/04 11:10 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everybody, as I mentioned earlier this week I didn't turn in a new article for this week since I thought the Paul O'Neill one was supposed to be for this week. Anyway, I pulled some strings and got them to run an article from the Gerry Wachovsky Archive. This article was printed last summer but nobody read it, mainly because nobody reads the summer paper. I think this particular summer article was online only, so that didn't help matters. It's a funny article and I hope you all enjoy it!
To read it go to either my website or the Daily 49er\'s website .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58083
01/29/04 11:17 PM
01/29/04 11:17 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
Hey everybody, as I mentioned earlier this week I didn't turn in a new article for this week since I thought the Paul O'Neill one was supposed to be for this week. Anyway, I pulled some strings and got them to run an article from the Gerry Wachovsky Archive. This article was printed last summer but nobody read it, mainly because nobody reads the summer paper. I think this particular summer article was online only, so that didn't help matters. It's a funny article and I hope you all enjoy it!
To read it go to either my website or the Daily 49er\'s website .
Better hope Geoff doesn't see this... wink grin

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58084
01/30/04 09:22 AM
01/30/04 09:22 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Everything is working fine now. I think it must have been my comp playing up. I remember that article from last year. Didn't we give you some stick for not mentioning this place?

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58085
01/30/04 11:09 PM
01/30/04 11:09 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Yeah, I think a couple of you said that I forgot one website...this one! I wish I would have thought about it, I could have added it in...fuck...I'm planning on giving you guys (and another board I visit) a shout-out at the end of the semester when I thank everyone for reading my articles...seriously, I really appreciate all of your comments and criticisms, and keep them coming...I will mention this place at the end of this semester, I promise!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58086
02/03/04 11:48 PM
02/03/04 11:48 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, just writing to let you know my new article will most likely be in Thursday's Daily 49er, as the paper has only been like four-pages this week...I hate when it gets like this and they start delaying stories, but I don't think this will continually happen. As always, you'll be the first to know when the new article is posted!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58087
02/05/04 04:58 AM
02/05/04 04:58 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, it's a Thursday Gerry Wachovsky double whammy! Today you are treated to not only a brand-new Opinion page article but also a Senate article! The opinion piece is a very good one and I think you'll like it, while the Senate piece is informative as always.
To read the opinion piece go to either my website or the Daily 49er\'s website .
To read the Senate article go to either my website or the Daily 49er\'s website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58088
02/05/04 07:52 AM
02/05/04 07:52 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I'm sitting on the fence with your last opinion article. Whilst I agree, I can see why people would not want to be subjected to viewing it. Personally i'm desensitised to such happenings now because of what you can find on the internet. but for some people it could be a little too much.

I was actually expecting a Janet Jackson article. It seems to be big news in the US. I don't see the big deal really. You see more nudity in our tabloid newspapers here.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58089
02/05/04 09:27 PM
02/05/04 09:27 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Turi Giuliano - As always, I love to see your comments on my articles. Essentially, you did agree with me, just not on the idea that these videos should be shown on television news shows and such. You would agree that it is important to see reality as it really is though, right?

About the Janet Jackson issue, I agree, there is a hang-up here with nudity, but then again, your country isn't without hang-ups either...I mean, you guys can show nudity on television, but you still can't publicly say anything bad about the queen or the royal family, you know? Maybe my next article will be about Jackson's stunt but I don't know...thanks again though, buddy! wink

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58090
02/07/04 11:22 AM
02/07/04 11:22 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
Turi Giuliano - As always, I love to see your comments on my articles. Essentially, you did agree with me, just not on the idea that these videos should be shown on television news shows and such. You would agree that it is important to see reality as it really is though, right?

About the Janet Jackson issue, I agree, there is a hang-up here with nudity, but then again, your country isn't without hang-ups either...I mean, you guys can show nudity on television, but you still can't publicly say anything bad about the queen or the royal family, you know? Maybe my next article will be about Jackson's stunt but I don't know...thanks again though, buddy! wink
Yeah I agree people do need to see it just for awareness that people are in danger everyday due to terrorists. But it is still a point that I am undecided on so far.

You know it's actually illigal here to destroy anything with the queens head on it, including stamps etc. But fortunately we are allowed to commentate on the Queen and the Royals, maybe not a few hundred years ago though. It's only right that we can criticise them, especially with the Duke of Edinburgh the Queens husband regularly offending people. With such stupid remarks such as when he visited a group of exchange students in China, he jokenly told them not to hang around there too long or they'll become "slitty eyed". You just cannot say that. Personally I am all for the abolishment of the Monarchy.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58091
02/08/04 02:48 AM
02/08/04 02:48 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Yeah, but you can't say anything bad about the queen or the royal family publicly through radio, television, or some form of communication where many people will hear it...am I right?

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58092
02/09/04 02:38 PM
02/09/04 02:38 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

You certainly can I've seen numerous radio, tv programs and newspaper articles debating for and against the Royals. And since Princess Di's tragic death ther has been more support for a republic nation more than ever. As long as what is said isn't slanderous, there is nothing they can do about it. But I can see where you're coming from expecially with the latest Charles scandel that emerged last year and British papers were banned from publishing the alleged allegations due to an injunction. Something which quite a few celebs get away with each year. It isn't as if just because it is the Royals it is illigal to print.

The Monarchy has little power nowadays and only work on an ambassador for England and charity levels. To tell the truth they are an embarressment of inbred idiots out of touch with todays society. I am a full hearted anti-monarchist and all for a republic but I fear it will never happen. Because the Royals have little influence over us there is no immidiate need to abolish the Monarchy. They are hardly noticed. Check out these sites if you're interested further. You can find plenty more.

Http://www.throneout.com/default.asp

Http://www.republic.org.uk/

It's bad enough we have to put up with it, but it's the other commonwealth countries I feel sorry for. See what Canada have to say about it. http://www.monarchyfreecanada.org/

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58093
02/12/04 04:39 AM
02/12/04 04:39 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, there is good news and bad news for this week. First the good news: there are two articles by me in the paper this week, as well as two incendiary and hilarious letters to the editor about me (one directly in response to an article I wrote and the other takes several cheap shots at me). The bad news: the paper is running low on money so it has had less pages recently, forcing them to hold off on my opinion article for this week. That means that next week there will probably be two opinion articles, the one that was supposed to be this week, and the one for next week. Maybe I'll post the one that was supposed to be printed this week sooner, since there is no school on Monday and the soonest my opinion piece will be up is on Tuesday. I'll let you know if that happens. Anyway, here are the links for this week:
1. My article on Black History Month can be found at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
2. My article on the Senate meeting this week can be found at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
3. The two GREAT, MUST-READ letters to the editor can both be found on the Daily 49er\'s website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58094
02/12/04 09:44 AM
02/12/04 09:44 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
You certainly can I've seen numerous radio, tv programs and newspaper articles debating for and against the Royals. And since Princess Di's tragic death ther has been more support for a republic nation more than ever. As long as what is said isn't slanderous, there is nothing they can do about it. But I can see where you're coming from expecially with the latest Charles scandel that emerged last year and British papers were banned from publishing the alleged allegations due to an injunction. Something which quite a few celebs get away with each year. It isn't as if just because it is the Royals it is illigal to print.

The Monarchy has little power nowadays and only work on an ambassador for England and charity levels. To tell the truth they are an embarressment of inbred idiots out of touch with todays society. I am a full hearted anti-monarchist and all for a republic but I fear it will never happen. Because the Royals have little influence over us there is no immidiate need to abolish the Monarchy. They are hardly noticed. Check out these sites if you're interested further. You can find plenty more.

Http://www.throneout.com/default.asp

Http://www.republic.org.uk/

It's bad enough we have to put up with it, but it's the other commonwealth countries I feel sorry for. See what Canada have to say about it. http://www.monarchyfreecanada.org/
Did anybody ever come up with a cost for maintaining the monarchy? It must be a huge amount. Maybe they should rent out rooms at Buckingham Palace to cover the cost!

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58095
02/12/04 11:05 AM
02/12/04 11:05 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

I'd hate to imagine it Don Marco, it would be a sum past my understanding. But monetary issues are not my main concern with the Monarchy. Although it does piss me off that the Queen only started paying tax in the early 90’s. Then there’s the inheritance tax of £20m when her mother died, which the Queen managed to have quashed. For someone with an estimated £1.5billion fortune I find that a bit tight. A lot of this is wealth in the form of treasures that belong to the people of this nation. Surely this money could be better spent elsewhere?

The honour system is also a joke. With knighthoods, Commander, Order and Member of the British Empire. It just simply promotes colonialism through an empire that doesn’t even exist anymore. I admire anyone who turns them down.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58096
02/18/04 12:02 AM
02/18/04 12:02 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, just writing to let you all know that my new Opinion page article is finally up after two weeks...despite the wait though, I think you'll all agree it was worth it after reading it!
To read it go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58097
02/20/04 12:59 AM
02/20/04 12:59 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey folks, just writing to let you know that my new Senate article is up, and it is another exhilirating ride through the world of student government! It is not to be missed!
Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

By the way, next week will be choc-full-o'-articles by yours truly (there will be four total), and as always, I'll keep you posted.

Until next time!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58098
02/24/04 10:45 PM
02/24/04 10:45 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, there have been a whopping three articles by me in the Daily 49er since Monday, so I think it is time to make another posting!
The first of the articles deals with a student rally that I covered at California State University, Dominguez Hills. Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s site or my site (note: something messed up when the Daily 49er posted my article on their site, so it's incomplete...to see the whole thing, read it at my site at the link above).
The second article is my OPINION article for this week, which deals with the lunacy of religion! Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s site or my site .
The third article is about the upcoming student government elections here at school and can be found at either the Daily 49er\'s site or my site .

Until the Senate article later this week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58099
02/26/04 11:20 PM
02/26/04 11:20 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everybody, it's Gerry here to tell you that the paper today included not only a Senate article by me but also a Letter To The Editor in the form of a separate Opinion piece in rebuttal to my last Opinion article about religion!
The Senate article can be found on either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
The Letter To The Editor/article/rebuttal can be found at the Daily 49er\'s website .

Have a great weekend!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58100
03/04/04 04:50 AM
03/04/04 04:50 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, I proudly present to you my four latest articles: there is one investigative piece that actually ran yesterday, one opinion piece, one entertainment piece, and one Senate piece...in other words, there is something for everybody! My opinion piece is probably one of if not the best one I've ever written so be sure to read that! Also, my first investigative piece is pretty interesting as well. The entertainment piece is about the NEW SEASON OF "THE SOPRANOS", so that was a blast to write since you know how much I love mafia/mob stuff. Finally, the Senate piece is about the Senate chambers being dedicated to a campus figure. Here are the links:

To read the investigative piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read my opinion piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the entertainment piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the Senate piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Thanks, and until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58101
03/07/04 04:26 AM
03/07/04 04:26 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hmmm, I thought you guys would especially like that Sopranos piece, but so far no replies... confused ...

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58102
03/07/04 01:22 PM
03/07/04 01:22 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I guess you heard Howard's recent rant on his radio show. He's 100% correct, of course.

He's a "beware of the slippery slope" guy, just like me.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58103
03/07/04 01:34 PM
03/07/04 01:34 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
reason: it is no different they any other piece we have read about the new season. In fact is is almost a dead copy of several I have read these past few weeks Nothing new added that we already didn't know.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58104
03/07/04 01:38 PM
03/07/04 01:38 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally posted by plawrence:
I guess you heard Howard's recent rant on his radio show. He's 100% correct, of course.

He's a "beware of the slippery slope" guy, just like me.
Gee Pee-Lawrence you are using that Slippery Slope line more and more the last few weeks! grin

Maybe it is time you let the little fella slip out of that mighty grip of yours and put the old oil away for awhile! lol

Try the new pill on the market, Rumor has it that it will really put some punch in the old organ once again.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58105
03/08/04 06:49 AM
03/08/04 06:49 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
fathersson - What other articles did it sound exactly like? Are you trying to say that I plagiarized it?

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58106
03/08/04 09:00 AM
03/08/04 09:00 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
No, don't be silly or so defensive. Every thing that I have read or should I say that was written before the show aired last night had the same information. What was that? Only the facts that ths shows creator wanted to let out. Who was coming on the show and what plot lines that they were willing to let out. So really what I am saying is that everyone has written about the same things over and over again. No big scoops as the show is very tight and controling in what they let out.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58107
03/08/04 10:34 PM
03/08/04 10:34 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Thank you for the clarification, fathersson.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58108
03/09/04 02:59 AM
03/09/04 02:59 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, finally my opinion column is back on Tuesday! In addition, today you are treated to a news piece on the CSULB All-Girl Cheer Team winning the national championship!

To read the opinion piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the cheerleading piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until the Senate piece on Thursday!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58109
03/10/04 02:54 AM
03/10/04 02:54 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, some moron sent a letter to the editor regarding my article in support of Howard Stern's cancellation from six Clear Channel radio stations. He basically tries to say that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to radio, which is preposterous seeing as how I have more experience in radio than him...this I'm sure of. You might need to read it a few times just to understand what the hell he's talking about since his sentences are so convoluted.
Read it at the Daily 49er\'s website (it's the second letter on the page...just scroll down to see it...it's called "An Economics Lesson"...).

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull