GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (CleanBandit, 1 invisible), 653 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,982
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,710
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,550
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,502
Posts1,062,046
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58110
03/10/04 03:07 AM
03/10/04 03:07 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Good Lord, you're right HSIG... That letter to the editor was downright unreadable. I think you guys should be allowed to make comments "Maxim-style" to letters like that. lol

That guy sounded like he just finished his Econ 201 problem set and wanted to show how smart he was. rolleyes

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58111
03/10/04 05:02 PM
03/10/04 05:02 PM
California
howardsternisgod Offline OP
Underboss
howardsternisgod  Offline OP
Underboss
California
Yeah, I wish we could comment on letters sometimes, especially with this priceless one...

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58112
03/11/04 01:33 AM
03/11/04 01:33 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, normally the Senate meetings are a snooze-fest but the meeting on today was a full-blown culture war. The Armenian and Turkish students are at each others' throats again, but this time the Turkish students are claiming that the Armenian genocide never occurred. This is like saying the Holocaust never happened, but I guess the Turkish students have their reasons. Either way, it is a great read.
Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58113
03/19/04 05:18 AM
03/19/04 05:18 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, lately I've been very busy with school and work, and thus I have not had time to update my website. Never fret, however, because the email is here and the website is finally updated!
This week featured three articles by me in the Daily 49er: one regarding CSULB's changing tuition payment options; a fascinating opinion column which answers the age-old-question of "Which candidate is better: George Bush or John Kerry?"; and the usual Senate story, which this time has them opposing Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposed budget cuts.
To read the tuition story, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the opinion column for this week, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the Senate story, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58114
03/25/04 11:44 PM
03/25/04 11:44 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, today you are treated to not only a Senate article but a great opinion piece...the Senate article deals with a possible new campus recreation center, and the opinion piece has to do with the fact that media in this country is getting dumbed down to keep children uncorrupted. Please.
Anyway, read the Senate piece at either the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website .
Read the opinion piece at either the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58115
03/26/04 12:04 AM
03/26/04 12:04 AM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Check out this thread. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58116
03/29/04 06:02 AM
03/29/04 06:02 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
I'm not so sure what, exactly, you want me to say about that thread, Patrick... confused ...

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58117
03/31/04 03:32 AM
03/31/04 03:32 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, have I got a great update for you. This week, the Long Beach Union, the other campus newspaper, satirized the Daily 49er in their yearly "Daily 69er" spoof. Well, somebody did some digging on me, because they wrote a mock article in my style and signed it "Gary Wiznuski", and THEY USED A PICTURE OF ME FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AS THE COLUMNIST PHOTO!!!!!!!!! Me, and everyone else at the newsroom found this to be hilarious. They also talked about me again in another section of their spoof, "News In Few", based off of our "News In A Few" section, and said that I was in class and went to the bathroom in my pants. While that wasn't as funny, it was still flattering to have two satirical features dedicated to me...after all, imitation is the finest form of flattery.
To read that mock article by "Gary Wiznuski" and see the photo, go to the Long Beach Union\'s website (the other mock feature they did about me going to the bathroom in class is not on their website...maybe that's a good thing...). The "Gary Wiznuski" article is funny, but people who read my columns know the real Wachovsky has no problem with gay marriage like Wiznuski does...anyway, read it, it is hysterical!

In other news, there is an article in today's Daily 49er by me involving the decision many students have made to not attend school on Thursday because we are off Wednesday for Cesar Chavez Day and all next week for Spring Break.
Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

On Thursday there will be a great opinion column by me about a terrorist scumbag who was just eliminated from existence and then I am off for a week. There will also be no Senate piece this week or next (I can hear all of you breathe a sigh of relief from that one...fewer junk posts!).

Until Thursday with the opinion piece!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58118
03/31/04 04:17 PM
03/31/04 04:17 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
I'm not so sure what, exactly, you want me to say about that thread, Patrick... confused ...
It's about how media and gov't are coming together to try and make things better for kids. They're fucking everything we like up. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58119
04/02/04 12:11 AM
04/02/04 12:11 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey now! Just writing to let you know that my newest opinion piece is in today's issue of the Daily 49er and covers why Israel was justified in killing Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin...this article will surely cause some angry terrorist apologists to write letters to the editor, which always provide for great reading material.
In addition, I was quoted in an article by Jaime Rowe about KKJZ (CSULB's jazz station) laying off its entire news department...the news director is my teacher, so I provided her with some comments about the issue.

To read my opinion piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read Jamie Rowe's piece and see my quote (even though she spelled my name wrong...I don't see how that is possible when my articles are in the paper practically every day...) go to the Daily 49er\'s website .

Now, I bid you adieu for a week while I enjoy my Spring Break and you suckers have to go to work and/or school. BWAHAHAHA!

Seriously, see you in a week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58120
04/14/04 12:18 AM
04/14/04 12:18 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, Spring Break is officially over and I'm back to the daily grind, so I'll get right to business.
In today's Daily 49er there is an article by me about a new master's program the university has started with Boeing, the airplane company, as well as a two letters to the editor regarding my last opinion column about Israel assassinating the Hamas spiritual leader. The first letter has what seems to be a subtle statement that an anti-Semite would say, see if you can find it; the second letter is from some Arab guy who thinks I am closed-minded...me, closed-minded?
To read the master's piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read today's letter to the editor, go to the Daily 49er\'s website .
To read tomorrow's letter to the editor, go to the Daily 49er\'s website .

Until Thursday!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58121
04/15/04 01:52 AM
04/15/04 01:52 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, in tomorrow's Daily 49er there will be a Senate article, but apparently there was no room to print the opinion article I turned in this week. I am bummed, but he will definitely run it on Monday or Tuesday of next week. The Senate article has various issues the Senate covered today and it is a great read, as usual (yeah, right)...whether you read it or don't, please look at the title, it is hilarious in a "Well, DUH!" kind of way.
To read it, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until next week...

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58122
04/19/04 08:51 PM
04/19/04 08:51 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well folks, I told you the article that there was no room for last week would be in either Monday or Tuesday's Daily 49er. Today's piece is about why the punk rock world is not quite true to its roots, as evidenced by a recent event of one so-called "punk" censoring another. It is an interesting read, to say the least, plus, last time I wrote about punk, angry letters to the editor poured in and I got email out the wazoo.

Until Thursday's senate piece and a SECOND Opinion page piece...

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58123
04/21/04 08:00 AM
04/21/04 08:00 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Great article, something I can relate too. Propaghandi are a great group so hats off to them for not selling out. I do think it's important when people get involved in politics, but I hate the entertainment culture abusing their position like Fat Mike has done here.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58124
04/22/04 10:02 PM
04/22/04 10:02 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, today you are treated to a brand spankin' new Senate article by me. Sorry, but no second opinion piece for this week like I promised. Apparently, one writer can't have two opinion pieces printed in the paper in the same week, so the extra one I turned in will get printed either Monday or Tuesday. It is a very good one, and I will update you when it becomes available. In the meantime, read the Senate piece, which deals with 5,200 butts, as well as a bunch of gay people.

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58125
04/26/04 10:36 PM
04/26/04 10:36 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, today's opinion piece is about a subject near-and-dear to my heart: radio. Specifically, it is about why Air America, the liberal radio network that has already run into financial problems, will fail miserably. According to my editor, it is one of my best articles, so that must mean something.
To read it, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website (for the slightly shorter one) or my website (for the longer, unabridged version).

Until Wednesday, which will feature a tuition article by me, and Thursday's Senate article.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58126
04/29/04 02:06 AM
04/29/04 02:06 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey all, just writing to let you know of two articles that are in the paper that I wrote this week. The first article deals with a rally that took place in Los Angeles to battle the budget cuts to the CSU-system; the second is my usual Senate piece. At the Senate meeting today, I was given a standing ovation, prompted by the Dean Of Students...he thanked me for reporting on the Senate week after week in a fair and balanced manner. I was actually pretty stunned but it was nice to be recognized. Anyway, there's also a picture on the paper's website along with the Senate article of the Senate itself. Now you can see who comprises the group I write about each week! Lucky you!
To read the budget piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the Senate piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58127
04/29/04 06:53 PM
04/29/04 06:53 PM
New York
M
Mr. Baggins Offline
Underboss
Mr. Baggins  Offline
M
Underboss
New York
Nice articles, the one on Air America was very good reading.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58128
04/29/04 09:15 PM
04/29/04 09:15 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58129
05/04/04 12:20 AM
05/04/04 12:20 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, there is a new opinion piece by me in the May 4, 2004, issue of the Daily 49er. It deals with a common tactic used by liberals to defame, namely, President Bush, and why I don't think it promotes fair discussion in politics.
To read it go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

There will be a new article in Wednesday's paper, as well as the Senate article on Thursday, but I am just going to post on Thursday providing you with the links to both articles, just to streamline things.

That being said, until Thursday!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58130
05/06/04 12:11 AM
05/06/04 12:11 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, today you are treated to two articles by me, aren't you lucky! The first article, which was in Wednesday's paper, deals with the changing University 100 curriculum, a class everyone must take. The second article is my normal Senate article, but this was an especially fun one to do. Remember how KBeach Radio screwed me over? Well now they're getting screwed by the University Bookstore and I couldn't be happier. The article is fair and balanced, as usual, but I just thought I would relay my feelings on the situation to you.
To read the University 100 article, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the Senate article, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until next week!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58131
05/14/04 02:12 AM
05/14/04 02:12 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, it has been a hectic week, so I have decided to send out one large email with all the updates.
Wednesday's paper featured a new opinion piece from me on when and where the next September 11th will occur. There is quite a bit of information in it and some of it may shock and/or amaze you, but it will definitely open your eyes, if they aren't open already.
In addition, there was a letter to the editor in Monday's paper from the same guy that always responds to my articles, Wolf Thiele. This guy, no matter how liberal or conservative the article I write is, always finds something to disagree about. This time, he refutes my article about liberals' smear tactics against President Bush. Read it, if you so desire.
Also, today's paper had the final Senate article of the semester...it is a good read and wraps up what a great year the Senate had.

To read the opinion piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the letter to the editor go to the Daily 49er\'s website .
To read the Senate article go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Until Monday, which marks the final regular paper of the semester, and my last opinion article of the year...it is a powerful ending to a great semester, and I'll notify you as soon as that article is out on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58132
05/19/04 07:42 PM
05/19/04 07:42 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, that time has come again...that's right, it's the end of the semester, and even though I'll be writing for the Summer 49er, it's not quite the same as the daily publication. Thank you all for reading and commenting on my stuff week after week, it honestly means a lot to me!
That being said, there is only one paper this week, due to finals, and it features two articles from me.
The first article is my opinion piece, and I think it is one of my most powerful opinion pieces ever. I was going to do a lighthearted joke article at first, but in light of Nick Berg's beheading in Iraq by terrorists, I felt I had to comment on that.
The second article is an entertainment piece I did where I tried to define what, exactly, "emo" (a musical genre which is short for 'emotional') is. It is a funny article and I know you will have a good laugh or two reading it.

To read the opinion piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To read the entertainment piece, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .

Again, thanks to all of you who took the time to read my weekly (sometimes daily) posts, it means more to me than you can imagine. As always, as soon as my first article hits the Summer 49er's pages, you'll be the first to know!

Have a great summer!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58133
05/27/04 11:15 PM
05/27/04 11:15 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everybody, before the Summer 49er antics officially begin, you can read one more article by me in the graduation issue of the Daily 49er. This article is recognizing California State University, Long Beach's, president, Dr. Robert C. Maxson, on receiving a certain award, now for the fourth time in a row.
Read it either at the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website .

Thanks!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58134
09/21/04 01:25 AM
09/21/04 01:25 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, it has been a busy summer, which would explain my lack of emails, and a busy school year thus far, as I am now the Diversions (Arts & Entertainment) Editor for the Daily 49er.
I just now finally updated my website with all of the Summer 49er articles I did (there are only five of them) as well as all the articles I have done to this point in this semester.
The Summer 49er articles I wrote can be perused at your pleasure by clicking here .
Now, here are the four opinion articles I have written so far this semester:
To view my article on rappers dabbling in the political spectrum go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To view my article on people criticizing President Bush's character, rather than his faults, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
To view my article on the Kobe Bryant trial's premature end due to his accuser's lack of gumption, go to either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
Finally, to view today's article, where I discuss the fact that Kerry has no distinguishably different stance from President Bush on many things, go to my website (At the time of sending this email, the article has not yet appeared on the Daily 49er\'s website , but you can check it later tomorrow and see if it is up there yet, as the article there will be considerably shorter than my unedited one on my website ).
Starting this semester I will no longer be sending out separate emails regarding my Senate articles, but you can still view them at my website , where I will have them posted each week.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58135
09/22/04 07:26 AM
09/22/04 07:26 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Welcome back my freind.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58136
09/23/04 02:15 AM
09/23/04 02:15 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Turi Giuliano - Thanks man, it's nice to be posting my rantings again! You still agreeing with me on many things?

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58137
09/23/04 06:12 AM
09/23/04 06:12 AM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's good to be reading your rantings again. Yeah this weeks articles have been spot on. The Kerry one on the war was especially eye opening. Around the world and including here in England it's become quite popular to dislike America and in particular Bush. The usual insults are used like you outlined in Bush character article. So a lot of people here would prefer Kerry in power based on their misconception of his military past. "He's a war hero, he'd sort out Iraq", without knowing what his stance is.

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58138
10/17/04 10:24 PM
10/17/04 10:24 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, I've been so busy that I haven't had much time to update the website but it is now all caught up and up-to-date. There are some great new articles in there, some of which are guaranteed to make you think.
First check out my article on upcoming video games this season. Read it either at the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
Next up is my opinion piece dealing with the morons that compare President Bush to Adolf Hitler...this is a must-read! Read it either at the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
Following that one is another opinion piece which was written shortly after the first presidential debate of 2004. President Bush clearly won that debate, and I pointed out why in that article. Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
Fourth comes a review of a DVD that I received from the great folks over at National Lampoon. I'm the current Diversions Editor for the newspaper and I get screener copies of stuff all the time, and this was one of those ones that I decided I would review. As Diversions Editor, I get first pick on all the best items we get for free to review! Read it either at the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
Finally, we have my latest opinion piece, which is a critique (read: attack) on a very misguided young liberal at my school. This guy writes columns as well, and it is clear how much he hates America, and he is not afraid to make it clear. Well, I had to verbally show him the error of his ways in my rebuttal piece to an article he wrote. Don't miss this one! Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or my website .
In addition, a girl at school wrote a letter to the editor regarding my article about Kobe Bryant and the girl who cried wolf, Kate Faber. The girl obviously does not understand the way things are, as you will quickly see by reading her letter to the editor. Read it at the Daily 49er\'s website .

I'm going to try to update the website regularly again, as I used to, because some of the information is dated by the time I send out these emails. Either way, enjoy the update!
Until next time!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #58139
10/17/04 11:24 PM
10/17/04 11:24 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
What is Medal of Honor Pacific Assault about? Korean Conflict? Also, did you get a chance to play Shellshock: Vietnam '67 on PS2?

I agree that Bush isn't as bad as Hitler, but conservatives contradict themselves when they start talking shit on Michael Moore and how he's a "fat piece of shit." If you take a look here , you can see someone from this board indirectly called Moore worse then Hitler.

You know that you're lying when you say that Bush won the first debate. If anything, that was the one debate Kerry won by the biggest margin. So far, only you, Sean Hannity, and the Bush campaign advisor have said that Bush won the first debate. Not only did Bush lose the first debate, but according to conservative and liberal polls seen on Fox News and other news programs, he lost the second and third. The polls are what matter here. My opinions of the debates:
First debate: Kerry
Second debate: Draw
Third debate: Kerry
VP debate: Draw

I like that Bracke guy. I agree with him on almost everything you criticized him for. I've said time and time again, Iraq is Bush's Vietnam. There is no cause for fighting there. We don't belong there. We used an attack from Al Quaeda to enter a country that wasn't even near the center of terrorism. Also, the US does train terrorists. In 1984, the US gave Osama Bin Laden and his troops $3 billion to fight the Soviets and they also gave him and his men expert CIA training. -Pat

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull