Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Lilo,

Isn't the guy who plays Capone quite short??? Was Capone a short guy?? I don't know who the actor is, and like you say we are just now seeing more of him. He seems like a good Capone, but to me he comes across as very short.
ohwell
TIS

Good catch!

Capone was 5-10, which is average height now, but was considered tall back in the 1920's. He was also beefy which is probably why he was also called the Big Fellow.

The actor playing Capone, Stephen Graham , is 5-5, which is notably short and was probably short even back in the 1920's. So (pun intended) it's a bit of a stretch, but I think he captures the character's pugnacity and relative fearlessness pretty well.

Ha ha ha...He IS short. But, I do agree, from the short scenes he's had, I don't have a problem picturing him as Capone.

As far as the Nucky character, I can't tell what his motive is being "nice" to the wife of the now deceased wife beater. For some reason, I'm not quite use to Buscemi in a leading role, since I've basically only have seen him in the Sopranos. ohwell

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/28/10 03:48 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon