Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
Snake - I understand your points but you have to remember that you are not talking to a believer. You keep saying that it's my fault for not accepting god and all that but the truth of the matter is that I don't believe in a supreme being of any kind, so why would I be scared of anything happening to me? This is precisely why I said all the things I said about religion and its believers in my articles. To touch on your other point about knee-jerking extreme religious nuts, you have to remember that I am broadcasting through my writings, and I am talking to a very big audience, so I have to generalize a lot of the time. In other words, I can't single out each and every exception to the rule, which you might very well be. Anyway, I'm glad we can agree on some political issues and I always knew you appreciated my pieces. Thanks! smile
It's cool, and you're definitely correct about my being one exception (but I do know of many others). I know how some believers beat folks over the head with a Bible, and it turns my stomach (and turned me off from Christianity for years). Anyway, yeah, I do appreciate your articles, even though I don't agree with all of them. But, then again, I know of no journalist that I agree 100% with anyway. wink

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)