Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Colombo Street Boss Ralph Deleo was arrested in MA and was accused of operating a crew down there...

I'm usually the first to take what the feds say in an indictment as good, but Deleo being the street boss for the New York-based Colombo family, while he was up in Massachusetts, just doesn't make sense. It's true he would come to New York for meetings and even attend making ceremonies. But the whole point of having a street boss is somebody who is readily accessible and able to run things day to day. He simply couldn't do that up in Massachusetts and, if you read through the indictment itself, he wasn't. He was running his own little crew up there rather than the whole Colombo family in New York. My guess is the ones who continue to run the family - the Persicos and those handpicked by them - gave him the title to move attention away from others.

And for the record, there are families who have some guys here or there in a lot of places. The list I made is where each family has a significant presence. For the Colombos, that's only New York, New Jersey, and Florida today.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/06/10 05:28 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.