Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
(...) best episode - "Pine Barrens"; but you just can't forget "College" and one favorite of mine that never gets a mention is "Full Leather Jacket". it's short and effective. I wonder why that episode runs only 45 minutes but it worked out for the better; I just didn't see Chris' shooting coming;

best scene - the golf course scene, Rusty Irish being thrown away - another great episode, S1 #6, "Pax Soprana" - Junior at the top of his game;

best line - "his house looked like shit", or Junior after hearing that Rusty Irish is selling dope to the neighborhood kids: "oh really? what's that smuggling-fuck name?"

november, 5th update:

best episode - "University"; for a long time, all I knew about "The Sopranos" was some of the plots from season 3, and I guess it still affects me as an affective memory.

it took me months to watch the final episodes of S2 (which is great too) but I'm just watching S3 episodes one after another and with the exception of its opener this season is just perfect for me. I really like all the subplots and side characters.

it's especially amazing how they create "stand alone" episodes that are just as great and as important as those that really contribute to the flow of the series. "College" and "Pine Barrens" are the ones that come to mind but season 3 seems to be full of these moments. "Another toothpick", starring Bobby Baccala, Sr. and "Second Opinion" with the doctor who dodges Junior are among my favorite episodes too;

best scene - yeah, the golf course scene with Dr. Kennedy;

best line - "If it's a boy, we'll name him Ralph after me; if it's a girl, we'll name her Tracee after you. that way she can grow on to be a cocksucking slob just like her mother. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND?"

I guess Ralphie is my favorite character. the most layered and surprising and by far the craziest guy on the show. that scene when he just stares and laughs his ass off while Silvio is beating up Tracee is more telling that the one when he actually kills her.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk