Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Nothing wrong w/ men wearing cologne and nothing wrong with Old Spice.

Long as it's not over-applied, of course.

That's the whole point, as I see it. Also, some scents (after-shaves and colognes) are just more overpowering than others.

Old Spice can be a little strong, and it always reminds me of a gay piano teacher I had when I was much younger. He positively reeked of the stuff. Another scent that is too strong for me is Brut. As far as after-shaves go, I have always had very sensitive skin and the stronger fragrances burn the hell out of my flesh. I have always preferred something a little more subtle. My technique for skin preservation is to use ordinary witch hazel first as an after-shave, then when the smell of that subsides (it doesn't last long at all) I apply just a little English Leather on my face. I almost never wear cologne, and any deodorant I use is very lightly scented.

I personally see nothing wrong with wearing a little bit of fragrance, so long as you don't dump a whole bottle of the stuff on you. That's overkill.

I think I used Aramis years ago, but I can't remember exactly. Don't know if it's still being made. Seems familiar, though. Aqua Velva always reminds me of my father.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."