Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
FS, as a mom who has gone through some of what your parents did, I was both touched and angered by your post. All I hear about is that yes, we pay high taxes, but what a fabulous education our children get! And yet your family's story is not an unfamiliar one. Why should we have to fight tooth and nail for something that should be given by right?

Thank you so much for sharing.

Frustration is a more fitting word I think. As A mother I am sure that you felt the same way, that my parents did going thru it. Trying to help their child. Fighting to keep your child from falling between the cracks and down a dark hole....

My aunt used to say that add/adhd is the hidden disability that since you don't see it outright it is very easy for others to bash or outright hate the person for. One of her boys are doing well, the other not so good.

I have seen the tremendous stress that it has put on both my parents, and their fear of what the future will bring.
just when things feel quiet out there another shoe drops- I am sure you know that feeling.

Our Family Dentist has a 38 year old daughter who still has trouble making friends, holding a job or keeping a relationship. Even if he makes sure to pay her rent and other bills. He was always told that she would outgrow it.....I wouldn't say outgrow it, but I would say that you hope they learn to coupe with it.

Last edited by fathersson; 01/30/11 10:14 PM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!