Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
A rare about face for Bloomberg. This woman had no background in education whatsoever. A disgrace.

Schools Chancellor Cathie Black To Be Replaced

By: NY1 News

After just three months at the helm, Schools Chancellor Cathie Black is stepping down and will be replaced by Deputy Mayor and former Board of Education president Dennis Walcott.

I saw that article in the NYT PB. It would have been funny if there weren't so much at stake. But her inappropriate jokes, the fact that her staff didn't seem to like or trust her and her general lack of authority reminded me of more than a few "figurehead" bosses I've had over the years. Usually they are allowed to just be the face up front while the real work is done by subordinates. Then after a short period of time to allow them to save face they are reassigned to some job where they don't report to anyone, have any team or any responsibilities... lol

"Oh you're resigning? We'll be SO SORRY to see you leave.."

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.