Originally Posted By: tt120
Originally Posted By: MadSam
C'mon, "Lefty" was 110% La Cosa Nosta. Forgetabout it, 26 hits under his belt, yet he was always broke and spending money that he didn't have!! I mean in the movie, "Donnie Brasco" it looked as if he was living in the projects???

that's a pretty big housing development downtown called 'Knickerbocker Village' - a lot of Bonnano guys grew up/lived/live there . It's a pretty desireable place to live especially for older, middle class NY'ers. Very hard to get into these days. It's rent stabalized/income based, years long waiting lists to get in etc.. You have to file an income affidavit to live in a place like that, proving you only make X amount of dollars per year. A place like that is probably perfect for a mob guy who claims a bullshit tax return but makes most of his money in cash

You hit the nail right on the head. Knickerbocker Village is a very desired place to live amongst wiseguys because it fits their M.O.: Cheap ass wiseguys who will find anyway possib le to cheat the system and not have to spend money on ANYTHING but gambling, booze and women. Seriously, this place was once flooded with wiseguys for the exact reason you stated. I remember reading an article on a low level wiseguy who lived there who turned informant. He said that Lefty was so stupid that he was kicking up money to his Capo and when asked where it came from he says " I got this scam going over at the village, these dumfucks gave me the place next to nothing because of a bullshit tax return I gave them. I got a great scam going there, a real cash cow. I skim atleast 500 a month in rent there from the dumb fucks, so I kick that up to you.

So lefty was either that dumb or that lazy, either way. F-in hilarious. He thought he was pulling a scam while everyother person who lived there was paying the same amount.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left